Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk about World Issues Here!!

At university, trying to pass the tests :P

Default Talk about World Issues Here!!

I start this thread to talk about world issues with respect please. At the moment I'm a bit tired and have nothing to comment but if anyone want to discuss something do it here!

I would love to talk about obama, but i dont want to get banned. But one thing that you can be sure of is that he is going to mess up the country worse than Bush did.

Linkbucks Private Ninja jsemi11's Avatar

wow, i'm going to have a lot of trouble moderating this thread XD

Talk about whatever you want, but do it respectfully.

-For example say: I think obama will be worse than bush, but don't say: That *** of Obama is going to destroy the world, or something like that.

I will not close the thread, but your message will be deleted or you could be banned for not following those "rules"
    Join the best and only PTC I trust: Neobux

you know what? ive had enough.

ill show my true anger now. ITS ALL YOU GOD DAM BRITISH PEOPLE's FAULT ITS LIKE THIS! 1947. GO DIE!

that is all i have to say. now it is locked. and, any racist remarks will lead to a 1 month ban from now on
    I'm curious suchintan what happened in 1947? What means god dam? Also It's a pity that a thread in which a member could have been helped had to be closed when he did not commit any fault. I'm not criticising you either, I know that It was your last resource.

ok. this is locked too. im on a rampage now foolsl.
    It's a pity that this thread has had to be closed. Another time flaming has perjudicated an innocent member.

Linkbucks Private Ninja suchintan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    I'm curious suchintan what happened in 1947? What means god dam? Also It's a pity that a thread in which a member could have been helped had to be closed when he did not commit any fault. I'm not criticising you either, I know that It was your last resource.
    1947, was the year..15th august i believe. india's independance day.
    basically, for over 100 years before that, india was under the rule of the british people, and the indians were treated like dirt..no..worse. and anyone who revolted was basically, killed.

and well, after a long time of their rule, the indians decided to revolt, (this is before pakistan, bangladesh and sri lanka).. and the british triggered a war between the muslims and the hindus, sikhs, and the rest. the muslims went over to pakistan, and the rest stayed back. basically, anyone from either religion on the wrong side was virtually killed. while moving from one side to another, they were killed..

one of the main rivers that ran near there, was completely red with blood for a period of time. and in 1947, the war ended with pakistan being formed, and india being its own nation after that.

I am personally somewhat affected by this because my grandmother lived on the pakistanian side of this, and she missed her bus while the war was happening..and everyone on that bus had died. she moved to india after the war, luckily, without being hurt.

And before this rule, alot of indians were used as defence lines by the british for no apparent reason. people from my religion were used to fight the japanese alongside the canadians, under the british command..and all of that

This is why i hate all of those people, and i refuse to forgive them. and if i come across any type of prejudice, i will not hesitate to give you a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    It's a pity that this thread has had to be closed. Another time flaming has perjudicated an innocent member.
    it had to happen. people on here should behave better..we arent 2 year olds now are we.

I totally agree with suchintan, and my grandpaa & dad also faced the similar situation at the time time banglades revolution. sometime I really wonder why they fight each other on the name of religion?

Most of the american never faced the terror before 911, I hope they would understand what we went through in past.

even today we are fighting the same fight in indian socity, it's a secular & democratic country just like US. But we never forgot the days of 1947

Linkbucks Private Ninja tsubakinomai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sudiptadas101 View Post
    I totally agree with suchintan, and my grandpaa & dad also faced the similar situation at the time time banglades revolution. sometime I really wonder why they fight each other on the name of religion?

Most of the american never faced the terror before 911, I hope they would understand what we went through in past.

even today we are fighting the same fight in indian socity, it's a secular & democratic country just like US. But we never forgot the days of 1947
    U.S. also fought for it's independence from britain.
    Daily Earnings with the 3 methods below:
    $8

Total Withdrawn (No Money Invested):
    $365.86

Join LinkBucks!
    mysafelink.com/F1m

Paid to Upload Files
    mysafelink.com/jh2

Paid to Upload Pictures
    mysafelink.com/pi79

Quote Originally Posted by tsubakinomai View Post
    U.S. also fought for it's independence from britain.
    yes bro, you did, but you never killed your known people. at time time of Indian freedom there were millions of innocent people died only on based on their religion. In US racisms is simple there are 4 - 5 types of people ( white, black, Asian) But in India we all look almost same. and that time we were killing on the base of god. It may look silly now that why they die? it was totally nonsense.

and still today we believe that the British Rulers spread that poison of religion spread in our society. and now they talk about peace and love but at that time they were not more then an animal.

If possible plz see this video of Jallianwala Bagh massacre .

where they killed 1000+ peaceful protester.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-wKcDkpqHE

I didn't know those details about India's history. Well here in Uruguay there haven't been confrontations between religions since most people is atheist or 'believe in god without religion' (yet the main religion is catholic I think). However,there have been quite a lot of civil wars during the XIX century after our independence (and the first president Rivera who found the colorado party killed all the charruas native people that lasted and he was in fact an enemy of our national hero Artigas that was slandered -we call it the black history of Artigas their enemies got to the point of calling him a subversive ¿?!- during the first years after his death cause he wanted to unite some argentina's provinces with uruguay and that was against british interests that needed the river uruguay to be international so as to sail with their trade ships and moreover he intended to extend the ideas of the french revolution as he used to read rousseau a lot) between the so-called 'traditional' parties the colorado party (liberal-not in the sense of american language,liberal cause they are for free market but they have conservative social views) and the national party also called the white party (they defend values such as family, and of course the homeland but in Uruguay nationalism is more related to the defense of the constitution and the law as one of their leaders said 'within the constitution all,out of it nothing').

However,there were progresist sides on both parties and in the beginning of the XX century there was a president from the colorado party called Batlle y Ordoñez that -after having a civil war with Aparicio Saravia a nationalist leader that reclaimed clean elections and was defeated yet his complaints taken into account- made some reforms in order to impulse the welfare state (rights for women,workers,he also implanted a collegiate government that is to say instead of one president a council of people that take decision formed by representatives from the two parties in imitation to suiss in fact he wanted to make the 'suiss of america',etc) and founded the 'Batllism' and the economy was doing quite well up to the 1929 crisis.

Then during the 30' there was the first coup d'etat (when the army takes control of the government) that started with the support of ¡firefighters! yes if it wasn't dramatic it would be hilarious and give power to Gabriel Terra that came from the extreme right wing part of Batllism and admired the fascist regimes of that time. Then after the second world war exports decreased and the crisis arrived again the firsts shacks appeared (houses of very very poor people) and in the 60' there appeared extreme right wing groups like the Juventud Uruguaya de Pie (Youth Uruguayans Firm) and death squadrons that came before the guerilla actions and were financed by the C*I*A according to recent USA disclassified documents.

In 1971 Frente Amplio,a coalition formed by left wing parties that existed before,plus people like Zelmar Michelini that came from the Colorado party and people that came from the national party was founded. Also Wilson Ferreira Aldunate one nationalist leader that wanted to do an agrarian reform was tricked in an election. There was a lot of hysteria by the media kinda McCarthysm (they got to the point of saying there were russian submarines waiting in the coast to invade lol ) Afterwards with all these pretexts, in 1973 the second coup d'etat arrived which led to tortures, disappearances, rapes and kidnapping of babies.

After eleven years of corrupted government (they doubled the national debt and we don't know what happened with the money) they lost the support of the assasins of Kennedy (who knows who these veiled interests are but they're out there) they had to abandon power (also thanks to the action of people and leaders like Liber Seregni -the leader of Frente Amplio- and Wilson Ferreira Aldunate).Nowadays as well as in Argentina they are being judged by their crimes against human rights but something that is sad is that, -and this is what is connected to India's situation- although here there wasn't a confrontation between people of the same religion, we're quite few people (circa 3,000,000 ) so we know each other quite well and knowing that a neighbour or the relative of your neighbour was implicated in the dictatorships is sad and disturbing as well as the fact military should have defended their compatriots instead of chasing them you see

Well sorry for my long post (I should make a blog ) but I get enthusiastic about history in fact is one of the topics to include in my projected blog
    Last edited by Mithrandir; 11-16-2008 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Made paragraphs to facilitate reading XD and checked some grammar errors

So, you are from Uruguay ?