Thread: Is this allowed?

Default Is this allowed?

I'm making an application in visual basic and in the app there will be some buttons or links that will open a website in an embedded browser. Is it ok if I make those links my personal linkbucks urls so that I make money every time people use my application?
    Also, if that is allowed: It's been a while since I used LB and I don't quite remember, but do you get paid for viewing links or do you actually have to click the ads to get paid, and do you get paid for clicking your own links?
    I am going to have to test my app for bugs and functionality, and therefore I will probably see my own links quite a lot when I'm testing it.

Sorry for my english =/

Quote Originally Posted by twister06 View Post
    Also, if that is allowed: It's been a while since I used LB and I don't quite remember, but do you get paid for viewing links or do you actually have to click the ads to get paid, and do you get paid for clicking your own links?
    I am going to have to test my app for bugs and functionality, and therefore I will probably see my own links quite a lot when I'm testing it.

Sorry for my english =/
    I can't answer your first question.
    but for the second. you get paid when someone click on the LB links. the ads are optional ( could even be blocked, it doesn't matter )

and your english - nothing wrong.

Thank you
    I do believe that the app I am working on will help a lot of people, and that it therefore will increase my earnings a lot if I manage to add LB links to it.
    Is there anyone who knows if this is allowed?
    And again, do you get paid for clicking your own links? I don't want to cheat the system, but I might have to click some of my own links to test the app properly.

No,

That's not allowed, that's automated traffic; you can't put your links on ptc sites or autosurfs where people are forced to visit your linkbuck links.

If you want to earn from your app you could put a rotating banner in it in which you can promote affiliate programs with like nopaypoker..

You should send an email to support asking for it twister06. Also it's not a problem to click your own links since it's limited the number of clicks counted. I click mine every time to check if my posts are ok.

Okay! Thanks alot for the quick reply!
    I guess I'll have to do that then. But as long as I don't force the user to click them it's fine? Let's say I add a line of text at the bottom of the window with a LB link that says "Linkbucks rules" or whatever, it's ok as long as the user doesn't have to click it to use the application?

Btw, not that I don't see your point, neither do I want to argue about it, I don't really see the difference in doing what I wanted to and using a full page LB script that converts all links on a html page to LB links.
    But that's not a major issue, I just wanted to make some money :P I'll find another way!
    But again, as long as the link doesn't have to be clicked to use the app properly it's fine right?

@ Hazard:
    I didn't fully understand your post. What did you mean about it being limited to the clicks counted?

Quote Originally Posted by twister06 View Post
    Okay! Thanks alot for the quick reply!
    I guess I'll have to do that then. But as long as I don't force the user to click them it's fine? Let's say I add a line of text at the bottom of the window with a LB link that says "Linkbucks rules" or whatever, it's ok as long as the user doesn't have to click it to use the application?

Btw, not that I don't see your point, neither do I want to argue about it, I don't really see the difference in doing what I wanted to and using a full page LB script that converts all links on a html page to LB links.
    But that's not a major issue, I just wanted to make some money :P I'll find another way!
    But again, as long as the link doesn't have to be clicked to use the app properly it's fine right?

@ Hazard:
    I didn't fully understand your post. What did you mean about it being limited to the clicks counted?
    It means you click hundred times on your links and they count 20 or 30 times only. So it's not a problem to click on them.

Also I wasn't understanding very well what you were making. I think there is no problem with the application, it's kinda like having to click on a linkbucks to download a file from rapidshare. But you should really ask them by email.

Ok, thanks. I've sent them an email now.
    I don't really want to tell you what I'm making right now. But when I make some more progress I will