Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Good news about rates and the timer!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki View Post
    Don't quote me on anything yet, but I believe it will wait about 3 seconds and then redirect to the link.
    that is awesooome!

Greatly Respected Member

Quote Originally Posted by marjt711 View Post
    that is awesooome!
    Awesome ? ...
    Admin Suzuki posted that forty four ( 44 ) days ago ... That's the route of the problem everyone has been complaining about for the last month and a half ...

Between that, the additional ad's, no higher rate not to mention everyone loosing their website traffic due to the upgrade ... That's what you consider awesome ?

If you kept yourself informed of all the member complaints concerning this.. the last word anyone would use is 'awesome'

I noticed your main website's full page script is adf.ly and not Linkbucks ... So if this decision is so 'awesome' why are you using adf.ly ?

Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by Steffi View Post
    Awesome ? ...
    Admin Suzuki posted that forty four ( 44 ) days ago ... That's the route of the problem everyone has been complaining about for the last month and a half ...
    so? what? please dont tell me I cant reply to any thread now please, at least if not 1 or 3 years old.

Between that, the additional ad's, no higher rate not to mention everyone loosing their website traffic due to the upgrade ... That's what you consider awesome ?

If you kept yourself informed of all the member complaints concerning this.. the last word anyone would use is 'awesome'
    I actually quotes the 3 second waiting time.

I noticed your main website's full page script is adf.ly and not Linkbucks ... So if this decision is so 'awesome' why are you using adf.ly ?
    You simply dont get it huh! you dont know who I am still wow girl, you think I would only have one website? hahahaha please... please girl, all traffic I get on that site is from Latin america, I use LB full page script on my forums, and websites where I get USA traffic, It would be dumb to put LB page script on a low class traffic source, Pleasseeee!!!! just think before you speak up. You trying to make me look bad? you have to do better than that if so, lets stop flaming each other PM is for that.
    Last edited by marjt711; 09-25-2010 at 04:19 AM. Reason: typo fixed

At university, trying to pass the tests :P

I read the 10 pages of the thread but I have a doubt still in mind: Wouldn't it be better to have the 5 seconds delay and also after say 10 seconds an automatically redirect? That way, people that don't realise that they have to click in 'skip this ad' wouldn't be so annoyed. I think that anyway the concentration span to an ad of any internet user is less than 15 seconds so if the user didn't click in that 15 seconds, the advertiser has nothing to loose but actually it will gain in traffic. Just my two cents.

Greatly Respected Member gamingmaster42's Avatar

i don't see how advertiser will gain traffic from your suggestion...
    but it would definitely benefit those members who are against clicking the Skip this Ad link.

What's more is that the rates have not yet increased, which I'm sure is annoying lots of members as well since clearly there are like 10 times as many ads.

I see that most of the ads now (from where i live; USA) consist of "Forex" or "Want to have fun in [where i live]?" Both are higher paying in terms of lead gains so i'm not sure what is the hold up although its my understanding that LB is currently undergoing some forum upgrades. (I also hope that LB reconsiders its use of "pop in" ads in its side and top banners, although that may be the fault of the advertisers)

Time will tell
    Get some free Bitcoins every hour! http://goo.gl/4XDjQq

Greatly Respected Member

@ marjt711 ...
    LOL.. I know super scary more than you think I do so spare me the online secret squirrel lifestyle ... Thankie ...

@ Mithrandir ...
    Commenting on something other than self promotion ... I am absolutely shocked ... Welcome to the board ... lol
    I totally disagree with your suggestion.. and if you really read this entire thread so does everyone else ... Thanks for stopping by ...

@ Gammingmaster42..
    You, I and the members on this board feel exactly the same way ... I mean it was you.. Suzuki and I here every day, most of the day responding to these members concerns ...
    Admin Commanderbucks has the final say but I really do not feel anything will be changed ... I do not know.. I just have that feeling ...

Oh well ...

Stephanie

Default Best software

Have you known THAT I HAVE BEEN ALREADY BANNED FOR SPAMMING IN FRONT OF A MOD THAT WAS POSTING BELOW? XD

Note from moderator: Stop spam right now, you can't beat the 'great wizard' I'm everywhere
    Last edited by Mithrandir; 09-25-2010 at 09:59 AM. Reason: spamming in a particularly silly way :D

At university, trying to pass the tests :P

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmaster42 View Post
    i don't see how advertiser will gain traffic from your suggestion...
    but it would definitely benefit those members who are against clicking the Skip this Ad link.
    What I meant is that if you make it easier to your users to access your content, in the long run that will attract more traffic and advertisers will earn more because if linkbucks gets a bad reputation, people won't even click linkbucks link and that is bad for everyone, including the advertiser.

A similar problem was asked by gisos09 in the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by gisos09 View Post
    hi. getting rid of the timer has been causing my traffic to drop, as some of my visitors keep waiting for the page to be diverted and it doesnt. I keep getting messages that linkbucks isnt going to the link.

this was a bad idea, good for linkbucks but bad for us.

as far as the rates go, if my traffic continues to drop it wont matter about the rate increase as it wont be enough to make up for the loss of traffic.

i urge you to reconsider this action as it is having a negative effect.

i am seriously considering changing networks.
    the point here is that people who dont know about linkbucks are clicking links and it is not being diverted. they dont realize they have to click 'skip this'.

recently i have had to put a notice about this on my site because noobs keep getting confused and leave comments saying the link isnt working.

plus how will this get more advertisers? waiting 15 secs is better than people clicking skip this within 2, 3 secs, right?

and if people are getting traffic probs from this isnt that going to affect linkbucks aswell?

i will still be using linkbucks for now (till i find a better service) but this has made me rethink my feelings towards this network.

i have been running linkbucks ads for nearly 2 yrs and it has been great, till now.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmaster42 View Post
    To my knowledge advertisers had to pay for everytime the page loaded. Clicking skip this proves human interaction, e.g., the user is actually paying attention.
    and if people are getting traffic probs from this isnt that going to affect linkbucks aswell?
    Sorry i'm not sure what your trying to say here.
    I think what he/she tried to say was that if people are having problems getting traffic to their links that affects also linkbucks which is obvious. He/she also mentioned that he had to tell the users of the site to click on 'skip this ad' because they expected to be redirected automatically, that's why I think it wouldn't hurt to automatically redirect the user some time after the 'skip this ad' appears.