Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good news about rates and the timer!

great.. roll on linkbucks..

Administrator

Timer changes have gone live...

Let us know if you notice any bugs.
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki View Post

Wow this is not good at all. First of all you cant skip the ad right away which many people dont want to wait. Secondly if you use firefox add on "ad block pro" you cant go to page you want, before you could.

Please put the old timer back :/

Greatly Respected Member

*Drum roll*

We are getting rid of the annoying intermission timer!

Here's to making Linkbucks the best PPC site on the web!
    If I recall correctly.. wasn't this a logical website feedback suggestion quite a while ago ? ... Linkbucks was stubborn and denied it ...

This was one of the main reasons Linkbucks was censored from tons of websites due to their refusal ... It's going to be super difficult convincing site owners to unban the dreaded and once stubborn Linkbucks ...

Update :

Quote Originally Posted by Heka View Post
    Wow this is not good at all. First of all you cant skip the ad right away which many people dont want to wait.
    I think that's the whole idea and one of the main reasons Linkbucks is in business ... It's also how you get paid.. advertisement views ...

Thought you said " we're getting rid of the annoying intermission timer! " ... It's still there and a more annoying " Please Wait " was added ...

This doesn't faze me one bit.. but I would take notice if clicks dramatically decrease due to this ... If not.. extend the " Please Wait " timer an additional second or two ...

Oh my ... You also know I can not wait to see the multi-message board dead link carnage once 'gvvo.com' is no longer operational ...

This should be quite interesting

*Sips my wine / checks out my tan ... smiles*

Stephanie
    Last edited by Steffi; 08-09-2010 at 01:56 PM.

Respected Member

This doesn't faze me one bit.. but I would take notice if clicks dramatically decrease due to this ... If not.. extend the " Please Wait " timer an additional second or two ...
    i m not getting much clicks now...
    before i got around 250 clicks everyday but yesterday i just got 99 clicks....

why everytime it happens to me only...
    whenever i m climbing to get something good, something happens and it ruins all my ideas and work...
    Last edited by samsexy98; 08-09-2010 at 07:28 PM.

Administrator

The idea was suggested plenty of times, Steffi, and now it is implemented. When there's enough support, ideas sometimes flourish.

We did get rid of the timer that was there. This is a new version of intermission without the old timer.
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Greatly Respected Member gamingmaster42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heka View Post
    Wow this is not good at all. First of all you cant skip the ad right away which many people dont want to wait. Secondly if you use firefox add on "ad block pro" you cant go to page you want, before you could.

Please put the old timer back :/
    Um...this is how Linkbucks gets paid...and so you get paid...I'm assuming that everytime you clicked on a LB link you didn't even glance at the advert, well now you are forced to, so advertisers are happy

Quote Originally Posted by Steffi View Post
    Thought you said " we're getting rid of the annoying intermission timer! " ... It's still there and a more annoying " Please Wait " was added ...
    I see no timer. The Please Wait is there obviously or else people would exit out of the window real quick
    Get some free Bitcoins every hour! http://goo.gl/4XDjQq

Greatly Respected Member

Quote Originally Posted by samsexy98 View Post
    i m not getting much clicks now...
    before i got around 250 clicks everyday but yesterday i just got 99 clicks....

why everytime it happens to me only...
    whenever i m climbing to get something good, something happens and it ruins all my ideas and work...
    I would give it a couple of days and see what happens to your numbers ...

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmaster42 View Post
    I see no timer. The Please Wait is there obviously or else people would exit out of the window real quick
    The "Please wait" along with the graphics bar is the timer ...

We did get rid of the timer that was there. This is a new version of intermission without the old timer.
    Upon reconsideration.. it's starting to grow on me ... I believe I overreacted ...

Okay, so the old timer was replaced with a new three - five second timer and the "Skip this ad" is delayed preventing instant skip clicks ... The original timer concept remains.. it's basically a cosmetic change with a delay ...

To reiterate : I am not fazed by this one iota. I also can not see how this would faze anyone else in a negative manner as well ...

Linkbucks removed that big clunky eye-sore timer and replaced it with a 'please wait" along with a five second delay ... It's not really a earth shattering change.. so what is a five second delay ? ...

The old way.. it took you a few seconds moving your mouse to click "Skip this ad" to begin with .. what's a couple extra seconds delay or do you have to be somewhere and can't wait ? ... people just need to give it a chance ...

Okay.. you have my endorsement ...

Stephanie

Btw do we get more money from this new system?