Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forums / Help Desk Upgrade

Administrator

Default Forums / Help Desk Upgrade

1) The forums will be upgraded next week. This is going to be tricky, given how we have things set up. This will fix any avatar / profile pic issues.

2) We're revamping the help desk, so support will be down until Monday. For any emergencies, please reply to this post with your issue.

Here's hoping everything goes smoothly with both upgrades.
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Greatly Respected Member

I personally never had a issue with any of our VB upgrades ... Even with the added Linkbucks extras.. I have full confidence your upgrade will install smoothly ...

Stephanie

Greatly Respected Member gamingmaster42's Avatar

Yayyy go linkbucks!!!
    Get some free Bitcoins every hour! http://goo.gl/4XDjQq

weeeee i'll finaly have my own avatar

Greatly Respected Member gamingmaster42's Avatar

I'd be interested in seeing what that would be
    Also has linkbucks been down for the last day? but seems that links are unaffected, so thats good. but full page script is, so my $$ went down But I'll wait it out
    Last edited by gamingmaster42; 09-10-2010 at 01:07 PM.
    Get some free Bitcoins every hour! http://goo.gl/4XDjQq

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Steffi View Post
    I personally never had a issue with any of our VB upgrades ... Even with the added Linkbucks extras.. I have full confidence your upgrade will install smoothly ...

Stephanie
    I think the fact that we have vB (php) linked with Linkbucks (asp) complicates things. Going to a new version requires a fair deal of code change apparently.

Thanks for the vote of confidence
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Greatly Respected Member

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki View Post
    I think the fact that we have vB (php) linked with Linkbucks (asp) complicates things. Going to a new version requires a fair deal of code change apparently.

Thanks for the vote of confidence
    Excellent! ... Not a easy task coding a ASP/PHP cross-platform bridge ... COM module / data mgrs.. testing.. a power failure with open unsaved code would be catastrophic.. etc, etc .......... Tell the .ini's Stephanie sends her love ...

Administrator

The server upgrades and changes were successful in regard to the help desk.

However, the forum upgrades are still underway.

Avatar still wont work, when will this work?

Administrator

The forum upgrades are still underway... meaning, nothing will change on the forums until the forum upgrades are complete.