Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forums / Help Desk Upgrade

Default Cell Phone Plans

I look forward to reading more.Thank you for bringing more information to this topic for me.

I think the fact that we have vB (php) linked with Linkbucks (asp) complicates things. Going to a new version requires a fair deal of code change apparently
    ________
    Csi: Ny Forums
    Last edited by raar78; 05-09-2011 at 03:54 AM.

Administrator

Regarding the upcoming forum upgrade, this could take place at any time now.

Mithrandir reminded me to remind everyone to back up your PMs or anything that you customized which could be lost in the upgrade.
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Greatly Respected Member

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki View Post
    Regarding the upcoming forum upgrade, this could take place at any time now.
    Waits with bated breath ... I'm even excited ...

Stephanie

Administrator

I've got word that the forum upgrade will take place this Thursday.
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Greatly Respected Member gamingmaster42's Avatar

Excellent, can't wait
    Get some free Bitcoins every hour! http://goo.gl/4XDjQq

Greatly Respected Member

Oh.. before I forget ...
    How about installing a Language pack on the forum ...

Pros
    It will greatly assist our foreign non-English speaking visitors ...

Cons
    It will also encourage them to post in their native language ...
    (forcing everyone to flip through the language options in hopes to decrypt what they are saying)

Since this is a English speaking message board.. that may cause
    unnecessary drama ...

Just a suggestion ... It doesn't matter to me either way ...

Stephanie

Greatly Respected Member gamingmaster42's Avatar

I stand in strong opposition to Steffi's idea. we already got enough English spammers, we seriously don't need other people in various languages, also spamming

If they cannot speak English it's called Google Translate...
    Get some free Bitcoins every hour! http://goo.gl/4XDjQq

Greatly Respected Member

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmaster42 View Post
    I stand in strong opposition to Steffi's idea. we already got enough English spammers, we seriously don't need other people in various languages, also spamming

If they cannot speak English it's called Google Translate...

This is a International company and with that comes international language ...

If you chose to keep it English speaking then rid this company of all non-English language speaking countries ...
    Only allow the United States / UK and Canada ... Ban Montreal as well because none of the members here speak French ...

Secondly ... Riddle me this one Batman :

What is keeping "various languages" from spamming this board now ?
    You ? and the rest of these Moderators ? ...

You seriously need to reevaluate ...

Stephanie

Administrator

I'll think it over. It may not hurt to add it as an option.

And again I must apologize for the delay on the upgrade. Don't forget that I'm just the messenger. Several developers have been out of the office and we're still in the process of hiring a new developer, but I have been promised that the upgrade will take place this week