Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ePassporte closed their doors

Administrator

Default ePassporte closed their doors

ePassporte just closed their doors and we suggest anyone using ePassporte wire their money out ASAP.

All the accounts on Linkbucks that have ePassporte configured are getting changed to default.
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Respected Member

Oh man u were faster than me or may be faster than Usain Bolt
    I was going to make this thread after my friend linker told me about this....but no problems...

This is what I got from XBiz Newswire...
    Have a look....

SANTA MONICA, Calif. — ePassporte told its clients Monday night that it has closed shop.

In a Dear ePassporte Account Holders letter, the credit card processor said it must close its doors due to a “lack of revenue and circumstances beyond our control.”

“Effective immediately, the call center, ePassporte's sales and marketing team and risk management staff will no longer be available. A small group will remain to organize wallet requests and help disburse funds.

“On the ePassporte website, in the near future, wallet holders will be provided further information on what is needed to obtain your funds. This will mainly be a process to protect wallet holder funds from fraud.

"We expect this will be a simplified process, and as we receive the necessary information, our small remaining staff will process requests as quickly as they can. Please direct your wallet questions, concerns and requests to [email protected].

“For those of you with funds on your Visa accounts, we are informed that St. Kitts Bank is working on a plan to provide everyone with full access to their funds through their Visa Electron Cards or by bank wire transfers and will inform you accordingly.

"We appreciate your support for the ePassporte program over the past seven years and deeply regret we must close our doors at this difficult time."

XBIZ will add additional details and commentary to this story as they become available.
    Here is the actual link to this news...
    http://www.xbiznewswire.com/view.php?id=125970

Rated Fastest 5 Stars for this thread.....
    Last edited by samsexy98; 10-05-2010 at 12:53 PM.

erm sound like a bad news i never tryed epasseport but they are online since couple years

Expiration Date: 2011-03-21 <----------
    Creation Date: 2002-03-21

wow i'd not trust a payment processor that have only 6 month left in domain registration

Paypal :
    Expiration Date: 2018-07-15
    Creation Date: 1999-07-15

LOL 2018 ! 6 year after the end of the world .

Linkbucks :
    Expiration Date: 2012-12-02
    Creation Date: 1999-12-02

the end of the world is supose to be 2012-12-21 so linkbucks is ok

Q

Greatly Respected Member gamingmaster42's Avatar

Never used ePassporte either, will linkbucks be adding new processors now (Alertpay, Liberty Reserve)?
    Get some free Bitcoins every hour! http://goo.gl/4XDjQq

Administrator

Linkbucks may be adding another payment processor but don't quote me on that. It may take a while for this to happen.
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Default suggestion

please linkbucks replace Epassporte with a system that does not make mandatory having credit cards coz i mostly used it as it had e-wallet and virtual visa card.. option..and that it in Pakistan(a foreign country rathen than USA/UK/EU) so please checking that it fullfills the requirements before adding a new payment system...

please lb,add alertpay to your payment processor list.

oh, thats bad news. it would be gud if you add other payment processors.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by imcool21 View Post
    oh, thats bad news. it would be gud if you add other payment processors.
    Linkbucks is in the process of considering other payment options. There may be another one implemented with the upcoming overhaul of the site.

I had their epass credit card, still had $15 there
    cannot withdraw from ATM because min $20

any suggestion how to get back those $15 or still working now?