Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Feature Requests - Cast Your Vote

  1. #1
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,669

    Default Feature Requests - Cast Your Vote

    As you may have just read from this thread, we're giving LinkBucks.com an overhaul.

    If you were to make a list of what you want most for new features, what would it consist of?
    Give us a list of up to 5 new features you would like to see on LinkBucks.com (not the forums).

    The requests that have the most demand will be prioritized accordingly.

    Thanks again to all the contributors.

    - LinkBucks Team
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

  2. #2
    Greatly Respected Member gamingmaster42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    in your threads
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Well me:
    1. Increased Rates. I personally have seen a large increase in the number of ads in the Intermission, and apparently Layer Ads have been instituted in the Top and Side Banners. I think that because of this, LinkBucks should consider increasing its rates. Layer Ads by itself, elsewhere, can be worth more than $5 CPM. And given that LinkBucks doesn't plan to remove these Layer Ads:
      Quote Originally Posted by Support (Sep 29 2010)
      The layer ad occurs only once every 24 hours per IP. It is not likely to be removed any time soon.
      increased rates are almost a given. And, the 10 ads on intermission as compared to the original 2, clearly warrants increased rates.
    2. Onsite Advertising System. More of an integrated system with the website itself, as opposed to contacting LinkBucks support through e-mail. I'd like to purchase ads directly onsite. Apparently that this was planned:
      Quote Originally Posted by Support (Aug 20 2010)
      In a couple of weeks we're going to be implementing a more automated sales system that will allow you to purchase advertising on site.
      but I don't know what happened to this idea, clearly it's been more than "a couple of weeks".
    3. Leaderboards. I think this was suggested in the past. Just a list of members and how much they've made so far. In the Account section though there would need to be an option to keep themselves anonymous so they won't be pestered here on the forums.
    4. Inclusion of AlertPay. I know that LinkBucks currently pays through PayPal; with the eradication of ePassporte, PayPal may not be suitable to all LinkBucks users, due to excessive fees. I believe that AlertPay is a common payment processor for these users. (Also, AlertPay is based in Canada so maybe Suzuki will be happy )
    5. That's all. I think that if LinkBucks made these changes it would better enhance member and advertiser experiences.


    My 2 cents.
    Last edited by gamingmaster42; 10-07-2010 at 05:03 AM.
    Get some free Bitcoins every hour! http://goo.gl/4XDjQq

  3. #3
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Congratulations, gamingmaster42. You're the first one to follow instructions. I remember why I made you a mod.
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

  4. #4
    Respected Member Mithrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    At university, trying to pass the tests :P
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Oh I skipped the forum part, it's late here

    So concerning linkbucks.com:

    1. More detailed statistics about our traffic, the time and location of clicks, because the performance score is quite general
    2. *I guess this involves linkbucks.com* Enable plugins for linkbucks blogs, since they are based in wordpress it would be useful to have them. There are many that help attracting traffic and many more
    3. I second having Alertpay as a payment option
    4. This has been suggested some time ago, to have a program to create links so that we don't have to enter the website so often

  5. #5
    Senior Member qwerty6666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    427

    Default

    gamingmaster42 Onsite Advertising System. More of an integrated system with the website itself, as opposed to contacting LinkBucks support through e-mail. I'd like to purchase ads directly onsite. Apparently that this was planned:
    Quote:Originally Posted by Support (Aug 20 2010)
    In a couple of weeks we're going to be implementing a more automated sales system that will allow you to purchase advertising on site.

    but I don't know what happened to this idea, clearly it's been more than "a couple of weeks".

    +1 vote


    Mithrandir
    More detailed statistics about our traffic, the time and location of clicks, because the performance score is quite general
    +1 vote

    I'm curious to see from where i got my lb hits



    i'll think of it this week seriously i have no idea at th emoment

  6. #6
    Greatly Respected Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey/Vancouver
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Excellent Gammingmaster ... I love the way you read the board.. recalled everyone's posted facts and then compiled them into a comprehensive post ...
    That's what I like ... That's moderating 101 ...



    Alertpay

    We utilized their service as a payment processor and after six (6) months canceled our business account with them ...

    They permitted / overlooked entirely to many fictitious accounts that were created in countries Paypal blacklisted ...
    (Some of those Phisers were pretty crafty.. I'll give them credit)
    Alertpay's support / fraud division concerning this matter is/was absolutely useless ...

    ( I also have every single correspondence between us and Alertpay )


    Statistics

    With respect to the statistics ... Linkbucks would need a separate dedicated just to handle the draining queries ...
    (Even if the queries were staggered throughout the day)

    I would agree with this option if it only applied to the top 500 Linkbucks earners ... Anymore and it's to taxing on the server ...

    Plus.. who is going to pay for this ?
    I am pretty sure Admin Commanderbucks and Admin Suzuki are not driving around in a matching set of Lamborghini Gallardo's with money to burn ...


    Stephanie

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steffi View Post
    I am pretty sure Admin Commanderbucks and Admin Suzuki are not driving around in a matching set of Lamborghini Gallardo's with money to burn ...
    We prefer to drive around burning money in Ferraris
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

  8. #8
    Greatly Respected Member gamingmaster42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    in your threads
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steffi View Post
    Excellent Gammingmaster ... I love the way you read the board.. recalled everyone's posted facts and then compiled them into a comprehensive post ...
    That's what I like ... That's moderating 101 ...


    Quote Originally Posted by Steffi View Post
    Alertpay

    We utilized their service as a payment processor and after six (6) months canceled our business account with them ...

    They permitted / overlooked entirely to many fictitious accounts that were created in countries Paypal blacklisted ...
    (Some of those Phisers were pretty crafty.. I'll give them credit)
    Alertpay's support / fraud division concerning this matter is/was absolutely useless ...

    ( I also have every single correspondence between us and Alertpay )
    Either way a new processor is going to have to be implemented, and really paypal and alertpay are the two big ones, you've got smaller ones (e.g. libertyreserve, webmoney) but these are commonly known as "scammer currency".

    Quote Originally Posted by Steffi View Post
    Statistics

    With respect to the statistics ... Linkbucks would need a separate dedicated just to handle the draining queries ...
    (Even if the queries were staggered throughout the day)

    I would agree with this option if it only applied to the top 500 Linkbucks earners ... Anymore and it's to taxing on the server ...
    Well i'm not sure what "detailed statistics" mithrandir and qwerty want, but as for me i'd be fine with just the domain referrer, it would get you some idea of where traffic is coming from

    Quote Originally Posted by Steffi View Post
    Plus.. who is going to pay for this ?
    I am pretty sure Admin Commanderbucks and Admin Suzuki are not driving around in a matching set of Lamborghini Gallardo's with money to burn ...
    This is the outside of LB headquarters
    Get some free Bitcoins every hour! http://goo.gl/4XDjQq

  9. #9
    Senior Member qwerty6666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote:Originally Posted by Steffi
    Statistics

    With respect to the statistics ... Linkbucks would need a separate dedicated just to handle the draining queries ...
    (Even if the queries were staggered throughout the day)

    I would agree with this option if it only applied to the top 500 Linkbucks earners ... Anymore and it's to taxing on the server ...
    Well i'm not sure what "detailed statistics" mithrandir and qwerty want, but as for me i'd be fine with just the domain referrer, it would get you some idea of where traffic is coming from
    More accurate statistic for country of visitor . if the links are not posted on your own website you can see from where traffic is coming . so when you try a new method or a new website to post you can see if it worth it or it only get bad traffic and will get your performance score go down . you can also try to achieve to get a visitor from every country i already had a visitor from vatican on my adult website i was really proud a visitor from the smalest country of the world

    you could also see if you got a lot of click from proxy

    it doesnt need to be everyday stat maybe weekly report with estimated % of visitor country


    wow guys you have better car than me lol



    dont laugh lol and mine is full of holes

  10. #10
    Greatly Respected Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey/Vancouver
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmaster42 View Post

    Either way a new processor is going to have to be implemented, and really paypal and alertpay are the two big ones, you've got smaller ones (e.g. libertyreserve, webmoney) but these are commonly known as "scammer currency".
    I feel there is no "Either way" ...

    You just do not add payment processors just to add them ... You have to think smart and utilize their security features to protect your company without getting your own hands dirty ...

    Paypal is very, very picky of who they conduct business with ... They've applied what they learned from past mistakes ... They filter out the riff-raff for you ... Alertpay does not do that ...

    Side Note : I am more than sure Arjan over at ImageFap is pulling his hair out over the fall of epassporte ...


    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty6666 View Post
    More accurate statistic for country of visitor . if the links are not posted on your own website you can see from where traffic is coming . so when you try a new method or a new website to post you can see if it worth it or it only get bad traffic and will get your performance score go down . you can also try to achieve to get a visitor from every country i already had a visitor from vatican on my adult website i was really proud a visitor from the smalest country of the world

    you could also see if you got a lot of click from proxy

    it doesnt need to be everyday stat maybe weekly report with estimated % of visitor country
    Not sure we've had any visitors from the Vatican but we have one member from the Rock group 'Kiss' .. nine (9) celebrities.. someone with authorized access to a US Senators email and scores upon scores of registrations from .gov email addresses ...

    If it was in the 'rebirth beginning' of 2006 when PicBux / Imagecash / U.sercash were thriving and fantastic source message boards like Bikini-Bikini were alive and active .. I'd fully agree ...

    Now-a-days if you look at the landscape.. more and more website owners are forbidding the use of Linkbucks.. I personally feel it's not economically feasible increasing operation costs ...

    Pay per click had a nice four (4) year run but in my opinion it's dying out again just like it did in the late 1990s ...


    For some of you that remember.. here's a little flashback ...

    1/18/06

    Hello,
    many thanks for the intrest in ImageCASH.

    We are happy you decided to join the community, you will see fast how easy it can be to make money by using ImageCASH.

    Below are your member access details:

    We wish you alot of fun and earnings with ImageCASH!


    Best regards, BANGER ( cEO / ImageCASH / http://www.ImageCash.net )!


    and


    2/14/06


    Congratulations! You have joined the PicBux gallery program - the
    highest paying image hosting service on the web!
    Webmaster Details:
    Username: ******
    Password: ******

    Login now and get building and promoting your galleries! As soon as
    you reach the $20 threshold you can start withdrawing money!

    If you have any questions do not hesitate to email
    [email protected]!

    Regards,
    PicBux.com Team

    Stephanie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •