Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Requests - Cast Your Vote

Administrator

Default Feature Requests - Cast Your Vote

As you may have just read from this thread, we're giving LinkBucks.com an overhaul.

If you were to make a list of what you want most for new features, what would it consist of?
    Give us a list of up to 5 new features you would like to see on LinkBucks.com (not the forums).

The requests that have the most demand will be prioritized accordingly.

Thanks again to all the contributors.

- LinkBucks Team
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Greatly Respected Member gamingmaster42's Avatar

Well me:
    1. Increased Rates. I personally have seen a large increase in the number of ads in the Intermission, and apparently Layer Ads have been instituted in the Top and Side Banners. I think that because of this, LinkBucks should consider increasing its rates. Layer Ads by itself, elsewhere, can be worth more than $5 CPM. And given that LinkBucks doesn't plan to remove these Layer Ads:
      Quote Originally Posted by Support (Sep 29 2010)
      The layer ad occurs only once every 24 hours per IP. It is not likely to be removed any time soon.
      increased rates are almost a given. And, the 10 ads on intermission as compared to the original 2, clearly warrants increased rates.
    2. Onsite Advertising System. More of an integrated system with the website itself, as opposed to contacting LinkBucks support through e-mail. I'd like to purchase ads directly onsite. Apparently that this was planned:
      Quote Originally Posted by Support (Aug 20 2010)
      In a couple of weeks we're going to be implementing a more automated sales system that will allow you to purchase advertising on site.
      but I don't know what happened to this idea, clearly it's been more than "a couple of weeks".
    3. Leaderboards. I think this was suggested in the past. Just a list of members and how much they've made so far. In the Account section though there would need to be an option to keep themselves anonymous so they won't be pestered here on the forums.
    4. Inclusion of AlertPay. I know that LinkBucks currently pays through PayPal; with the eradication of ePassporte, PayPal may not be suitable to all LinkBucks users, due to excessive fees. I believe that AlertPay is a common payment processor for these users. (Also, AlertPay is based in Canada so maybe Suzuki will be happy )
    5. That's all. I think that if LinkBucks made these changes it would better enhance member and advertiser experiences.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by gamingmaster42; 10-07-2010 at 05:03 AM.
    Get some free Bitcoins every hour! http://goo.gl/4XDjQq

Administrator

Congratulations, gamingmaster42. You're the first one to follow instructions. I remember why I made you a mod.
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

At university, trying to pass the tests :P

Oh I skipped the forum part, it's late here

So concerning linkbucks.com:

1. More detailed statistics about our traffic, the time and location of clicks, because the performance score is quite general
    2. *I guess this involves linkbucks.com* Enable plugins for linkbucks blogs, since they are based in wordpress it would be useful to have them. There are many that help attracting traffic and many more
    3. I second having Alertpay as a payment option
    4. This has been suggested some time ago, to have a program to create links so that we don't have to enter the website so often

gamingmaster42 Onsite Advertising System. More of an integrated system with the website itself, as opposed to contacting LinkBucks support through e-mail. I'd like to purchase ads directly onsite. Apparently that this was planned:
    Quote:Originally Posted by Support (Aug 20 2010)
    In a couple of weeks we're going to be implementing a more automated sales system that will allow you to purchase advertising on site.

but I don't know what happened to this idea, clearly it's been more than "a couple of weeks".

+1 vote

Mithrandir
    More detailed statistics about our traffic, the time and location of clicks, because the performance score is quite general
    +1 vote

I'm curious to see from where i got my lb hits

i'll think of it this week seriously i have no idea at th emoment

Greatly Respected Member

Excellent Gammingmaster ... I love the way you read the board.. recalled everyone's posted facts and then compiled them into a comprehensive post ...
    That's what I like ... That's moderating 101 ...

Alertpay

We utilized their service as a payment processor and after six (6) months canceled our business account with them ...

They permitted / overlooked entirely to many fictitious accounts that were created in countries Paypal blacklisted ...
    (Some of those Phisers were pretty crafty.. I'll give them credit)
    Alertpay's support / fraud division concerning this matter is/was absolutely useless ...

( I also have every single correspondence between us and Alertpay )

Statistics

With respect to the statistics ... Linkbucks would need a separate dedicated just to handle the draining queries ...
    (Even if the queries were staggered throughout the day)

I would agree with this option if it only applied to the top 500 Linkbucks earners ... Anymore and it's to taxing on the server ...

Plus.. who is going to pay for this ?
    I am pretty sure Admin Commanderbucks and Admin Suzuki are not driving around in a matching set of Lamborghini Gallardo's with money to burn ...

Stephanie

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Steffi View Post
    I am pretty sure Admin Commanderbucks and Admin Suzuki are not driving around in a matching set of Lamborghini Gallardo's with money to burn ...
    We prefer to drive around burning money in Ferraris

Greatly Respected Member gamingmaster42's Avatar

Excellent Gammingmaster ... I love the way you read the board.. recalled everyone's posted facts and then compiled them into a comprehensive post ...
    That's what I like ... That's moderating 101 ...

Alertpay

We utilized their service as a payment processor and after six (6) months canceled our business account with them ...

They permitted / overlooked entirely to many fictitious accounts that were created in countries Paypal blacklisted ...
    (Some of those Phisers were pretty crafty.. I'll give them credit)
    Alertpay's support / fraud division concerning this matter is/was absolutely useless ...

( I also have every single correspondence between us and Alertpay )
    Either way a new processor is going to have to be implemented, and really paypal and alertpay are the two big ones, you've got smaller ones (e.g. libertyreserve, webmoney) but these are commonly known as "scammer currency".

Statistics

With respect to the statistics ... Linkbucks would need a separate dedicated just to handle the draining queries ...

I would agree with this option if it only applied to the top 500 Linkbucks earners ... Anymore and it's to taxing on the server ...
    Well i'm not sure what "detailed statistics" mithrandir and qwerty want, but as for me i'd be fine with just the domain referrer, it would get you some idea of where traffic is coming from

Plus.. who is going to pay for this ?
    This is the outside of LB headquarters
    Get some free Bitcoins every hour! http://goo.gl/4XDjQq

Quote:Originally Posted by Steffi
    Statistics

Well i'm not sure what "detailed statistics" mithrandir and qwerty want, but as for me i'd be fine with just the domain referrer, it would get you some idea of where traffic is coming from
    More accurate statistic for country of visitor . if the links are not posted on your own website you can see from where traffic is coming . so when you try a new method or a new website to post you can see if it worth it or it only get bad traffic and will get your performance score go down . you can also try to achieve to get a visitor from every country i already had a visitor from vatican on my adult website i was really proud a visitor from the smalest country of the world

you could also see if you got a lot of click from proxy

it doesnt need to be everyday stat maybe weekly report with estimated % of visitor country

wow guys you have better car than me lol

dont laugh lol and mine is full of holes

Greatly Respected Member

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmaster42 View Post

Either way a new processor is going to have to be implemented, and really paypal and alertpay are the two big ones, you've got smaller ones (e.g. libertyreserve, webmoney) but these are commonly known as "scammer currency".
    I feel there is no "Either way" ...

You just do not add payment processors just to add them ... You have to think smart and utilize their security features to protect your company without getting your own hands dirty ...

Paypal is very, very picky of who they conduct business with ... They've applied what they learned from past mistakes ... They filter out the riff-raff for you ... Alertpay does not do that ...

Side Note : I am more than sure Arjan over at ImageFap is pulling his hair out over the fall of epassporte ...

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty6666 View Post
    More accurate statistic for country of visitor . if the links are not posted on your own website you can see from where traffic is coming . so when you try a new method or a new website to post you can see if it worth it or it only get bad traffic and will get your performance score go down . you can also try to achieve to get a visitor from every country i already had a visitor from vatican on my adult website i was really proud a visitor from the smalest country of the world

you could also see if you got a lot of click from proxy

it doesnt need to be everyday stat maybe weekly report with estimated % of visitor country
    Not sure we've had any visitors from the Vatican but we have one member from the Rock group 'Kiss' .. nine (9) celebrities.. someone with authorized access to a US Senators email and scores upon scores of registrations from .gov email addresses ...

If it was in the 'rebirth beginning' of 2006 when PicBux / Imagecash / U.sercash were thriving and fantastic source message boards like Bikini-Bikini were alive and active .. I'd fully agree ...

Now-a-days if you look at the landscape.. more and more website owners are forbidding the use of Linkbucks.. I personally feel it's not economically feasible increasing operation costs ...

Pay per click had a nice four (4) year run but in my opinion it's dying out again just like it did in the late 1990s ...

For some of you that remember.. here's a little flashback ...

1/18/06

Hello,
    many thanks for the intrest in ImageCASH.

We are happy you decided to join the community, you will see fast how easy it can be to make money by using ImageCASH.

Below are your member access details:

We wish you alot of fun and earnings with ImageCASH!

Best regards, BANGER ( cEO / ImageCASH / http://www.ImageCash.net )!

and

2/14/06

Congratulations! You have joined the PicBux gallery program - the
    highest paying image hosting service on the web!
    Webmaster Details:
    Username: ******
    Password: ******

Login now and get building and promoting your galleries! As soon as
    you reach the $20 threshold you can start withdrawing money!

If you have any questions do not hesitate to email
    [email protected]!

Regards,
    PicBux.com Team

Stephanie