Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Linkbucks Alias Domains to Change

Administrator

I'm not quite following... however it is after 5am in the morning so maybe I'm burnt out.
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Greatly Respected Member

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki View Post
    I'm not quite following... however it is after 5am in the morning so maybe I'm burnt out.
    To me it was around 3am and I know I was babbling on about some stuff ... Took a short nap -- Now it's 7am and I do not feel much better (actually worse) but I have to complete this coding project I am working on ...
    *This should be fun*

Stephanie

Greatly Respected Member

Quote Originally Posted by yuanyelss View Post
    It took me a bit longer to get the domains ready today so i'll be launching them tomorrow.

Steffi, the pop ad type will be removed as well.

LMAO.. nice Admin CommanderBucks copy and paste ...

Is this how the bots are programmed now that makes themselves look like they're a part of the landscape ? ... LOL

http://forums.linkbucks.com/showpost...73&postcount=6

Administrator

Definitely a new tactic, Steffi. At first I thought we got a new developer that I didn't know about
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Thumbs down Uberpicz.com no longer working

I read that LB was replacing all old domain names but that they were supposed to keep working for a year. Please explain then why uberpicz.com no longer works:

http://6f5fdd09.uberpicz.com/url/htt...nderarms-1.jpg

Does this mean I have to go back through my whole site and change all the full script links to a new domain? How long are the new domains going to last?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliphornia View Post
    I read that LB was replacing all old domain names but that they were supposed to keep working for a year. Please explain then why uberpicz.com no longer works:

http://6f5fdd09.uberpicz.com/url/htt...nderarms-1.jpg

Does this mean I have to go back through my whole site and change all the full script links to a new domain? How long are the new domains going to last?
    I've noticed the same with the "baberepublic.com" domain alias.
    Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Greatly Respected Member

qvvo.com
    viraldatabase.com
    I am sure the rest are all dead as well ...

1. They now redirect surfers to another Linkbucks sponsor ...
    2. Linkbucks gets to keep their alias domains page rank ...
    *Probably sell the alias domains for a profit*
    3. Additional traffic for Linkbucks sponsors are at your expense ...
    4. Message boards are now a gigantic disaster full of dead links ...

Look at the bright side ... You and Linkbucks will be banned from those message boards once the Admin realizes what has happened and has to delete 3/4 of his or her message board / Dump ...

Merry Christmas everyone

Lil Miss Sunshine
    Stephanie

Administrator

Unfortunately what happened was not in our control.

We weren't expecting anything to happen with them for at least several months.

We are no longer in control of the old alias domains and anyone using them should change them out ASAP.

We're extremely sorry for any convenience.

Administrator

Ok so we managed to get the domains pointing back to our servers again. They should be working for everyone in about 24 hours.

However, they are still not in our control so we advise anyone using the old link domains to change them out as soon as possible. We're going to try to keep the old ones online for at least a couple months but cannot give any guarentees.

Administrator

Excellent news Let's hope it sticks long enough for users to make the transition. This should be everyone's queue to get on the ball