Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning Time!

Administrator

Default Cleaning Time!

I nuked the Share Links forum and nuked about half of the Chit Chat forum because it was mostly all spam and self-promotion.

I did my best to save everything relevant.

The forum upgrade is coming soon so I wanted to clean up the forums a bit before the current state of the forums is cloned.

Let this be a warning for all the spammers and self-promoters. No more spamming or self-promoting.
    Violators will be shot... with my digital anti-spam ray gun...
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Greatly Respected Member

I wanted to do that from day one here ... This place was a abandoned slaughter house ...
    Ban all the clowns
    Lock all the trash/spam threads until I categorize their spamming website keywords ...
    Import a few of my favorite .xml's and viola.. the board basically maintains itself ...

There literally would be no spam to delete because the board would not allow them to spam ...

But.. obviously it didn't work out that way ...
    Know what I mean jelly bean ...

Administrator

What anti-spam scripts should I look into after the upgrade (and after all the fixes and maintenance, because we forsee many things breaking)?
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Greatly Respected Member

Wasn't important ...
    Last edited by Steffi; 02-12-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Greatly Respected Member

Wasn't important ...

Administrator

Yea, we'll be upgrading to the latest version soon. I know this has been said before but it is in the works now and may cause down time because things are going to break and will need to be fixed.

After the upgrade is done and everything's back to normal we'll look into some of the latest scripts. Assuming we're running 3.8.x what are the best 2 or 3 scripts we should have?

Greatly Respected Member

Wasn't important ...

Administrator

I'm thinking we'll be going with the latest version which shows in the admin panel which is 3.8.x I believe.

I wondered where half my forum posts had gone. Now I know. Thanks for keeping the forum going.

Administrator

Thanks for the info, Steffi. I missed it the first time around because somehow your images were blocked (ad blocker or something).