Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Any forums of maths??

  1. #1
    Respected Member Mithrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    At university, trying to pass the tests :P
    Posts
    664

    Smile Any forums of maths??

    Since this is a forum that has high traffic and with people that are in different activities I thought you could help me out with this. You see, I have an exam of linear algebra this thursday and I am in search of a forum of math. I found some pretty good ones

    http://rinconmatematico.com/foros/index.php
    http://foros.emagister.com/foro-foro...icas-13654.htm
    http://www.fmat.cl/index.php?showforum=380#

    but I want to know if you can recommend me others (they can be either in spanish, english or french) Thanks for your feedback!

    En español:

    Dado que este es un foro que tiene mucho tráfico y con gente que está en diferentes actividades pensé que me podrían ayudar con esto. Verán, tengo un exámen de álgebra lineal este jueves y estoy en busca de un foro de matemáticas. Encontré unos bastante buenos

    http://rinconmatematico.com/foros/index.php
    http://foros.emagister.com/foro-foro...icas-13654.htm
    http://www.fmat.cl/index.php?showforum=380#

    pero quiero saber si me pueden recomendar otros (pueden estar en español, inglés o francés) Gracias por su respuesta!

  2. #2
    Linkbucks Private Ninja tsubakinomai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,166

    Default

    this is not a forum but it is a almost like one...it is a discussion board filled with smart people always on standby to help noobs with their homework...

    http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index?sid=396545161

    another one...good forum in physics...physics is pretty much all math so you can ask your math questions there too...

    http://www.physicsforums.com/
    Daily Earnings with the 3 methods below:
    $8

    Total Withdrawn (No Money Invested):
    $365.86

    Join LinkBucks!
    mysafelink.com/F1m

    Paid to Upload Files
    mysafelink.com/jh2

    Paid to Upload Pictures
    mysafelink.com/pi79

  3. #3
    Respected Member Mithrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    At university, trying to pass the tests :P
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsubakinomai View Post
    this is not a forum but it is a almost like one...it is a discussion board filled with smart people always on standby to help noobs with their homework...

    http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index?sid=396545161

    another one...good forum in physics...physics is pretty much all math so you can ask your math questions there too...

    http://www.physicsforums.com/
    Thank you a lot! I liked the physics one. The problem that I found in one of the forums that I posted is that I have to write the formulae in latex because I am used to the editor of equations of word. Do you know any program to write easily with latex?

  4. #4

    Default

    I need to hire someone from those forums... I'm past Math 3, algebra I and II and tough challenges like electromagnetism, electric machines or electronics but no way in hell I can finish... math I

    Anyway I knew 2 forums but in portuguese. But thank you for those, they might come in handy.

  5. #5
    Respected Member Mithrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    At university, trying to pass the tests :P
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I need to hire someone from those forums... I'm past Math 3, algebra I and II and tough challenges like electromagnetism, electric machines or electronics but no way in hell I can finish... math I

    Anyway I knew 2 forums but in portuguese. But thank you for those, they might come in handy.
    What do you study? I study Electrical Engineering and I'm in first year of university.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    What do you study? I study Electrical Engineering and I'm in first year of university.
    lol the same... was supposed to be in 3rd year by now but still in 2nd. It's very hard to finish it but will get there, someday

  7. #7
    Respected Member Mithrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    At university, trying to pass the tests :P
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    lol the same... was supposed to be in 3rd year by now but still in 2nd. It's very hard to finish it but will get there, someday
    But you don't have to stress it's normal...In my case I have to go again next year for Calculus 1 but I have passed General Physics 1 and I have to sit for the exam of Geometry and Linear Algebra 1 on 11 december and I have free myself from economy (I got 66.5% out of 100 which is plus than 60% so I don't have to sit for the exam if I had got 25 or more I could sit for the exam ). Now I'm gonna sit for geometry and linear algebra 2 .Besides this year I had sit for a DELF B1 in french and for a CAE (a C1 level) in english so next year as I'm not going to study french I'll have more time (maybe I restart club I like musculation and swimming) .In my country the studies in engineering officialy take 5 years but the average is 7 years (because most engineers work at the middle of the studies mainly computer engineers although university is payed with the money of the contributors) and the ones in science (I intend to be physician in the astronomy domain also if I can ) take four years officialy but you have to do further studies or even better a PhD in order to suceed in research. They are longer than in europe but the advantage (as they say) is that we quit with a good level. Maybe I choose to do also system analist cause in three years you obtain that diploma instead of the diploma of computer engineer which takes in theory 5 years.

    Yeah I know I'm a chatterbox but what can I do? It's in my nature

  8. #8

    Default

    Yeah I'm jealous, everyone says bologna process screwed up university here. It's the 3rd year with that crap and every year we are changing, splitting subjects, deleting some, creating others it's nonsense. It used to take 5 years plus 2 or 3 more (don't remember) for PhD. Now it's 3+2 but it's so messy and so cluttered it takes us the same 5 years to get the licentiate (or bachelor degree disguised as it lol).

    Anyway it's always nice when I see on national news that electric engineers have 100% chances of getting a good job opposed to most degrees out there. I just hope there's still a spot left for me when I'm outta here

  9. #9
    Respected Member Mithrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    At university, trying to pass the tests :P
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Yeah I'm jealous, everyone says bologna process screwed up university here. It's the 3rd year with that crap and every year we are changing, splitting subjects, deleting some, creating others it's nonsense. It used to take 5 years plus 2 or 3 more (don't remember) for PhD. Now it's 3+2 but it's so messy and so cluttered it takes us the same 5 years to get the licentiate (or bachelor degree disguised as it lol).

    Anyway it's always nice when I see on national news that electric engineers have 100% chances of getting a good job opposed to most degrees out there. I just hope there's still a spot left for me when I'm outta here
    Yeah I read about it in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bologna_process here in South America with the Mercosur there have been some agreements to use the diploma in other countries (there's quite a good number of industries in the south of brazil and in my country the software industry has had a nice growing) but the universities are overcrowded, -I remember the entrance during the first period of six months was like this dance during punk rock recitals 'pogo' we call it in spanish - so you have to study on your own cause it's difficult to reach the professors . Anyway, you mentioned bologna cause you're european or are you italian precisely? Because I'm descendant of italians and I have the citizenship!

    PS: Now that I read deeply the wikipedia article I found what you were reffering to:

    "the basic idea behind all educational EU-plans is economic: the basic idea is the enlargement of scale of the European systems of higher education, ... in order to enhance its 'competitiveness' by cutting down costs. Therefore a Europe-wide standardization of the 'values' produced in each of the national higher educational systems is called for." Just as the World Trade Organization and GATS propose educational reforms that would effectively erode all effective forms of democratic political control over higher education, so "it is obvious that the economic view on higher education recently developed and formulated by the EU Declarations is similar to and compatible with the view developed by the WTO and by GATS." Dr Chris Lorenz of the Free University of Amsterdam

    Ha! Here in my country the minister of economy wanted to make university paid. He didn't know where he was entering. The professors union and students didn't support him and he had to shut his fu*k*** mouth! Anyway there's a reform in education that is slowing down cause the government don't want to release more funds as usual...
    Last edited by Mithrandir; 11-25-2008 at 06:05 PM.

  10. #10
    Respected Member Mithrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    At university, trying to pass the tests :P
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by balkit5 View Post
    yo Mithrandir are you serious! Linear algebra i am doing that in my class right now and we have a test on tuesday(1 week from now)
    What do you mean by are you serious? You say that linear algebra is for highschool? Do you go to highschool in Canada don't you? Well maybe there they are more exigent than in my country cause last year I had analitic geometry which is like linear algebra. However, in most parts of the world when you enter university you have to do a basic course of physics, calculus and algebra...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •