Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eating & Cooking Food

Administrator

Default Eating & Cooking Food

I for one love food, like many people, and am always curious what other people are eating at any given time or what they ate last.
    Even better, I like to hear about people's favorite recipes and cooking methods.

Tonight I had homemade meatball subs with my girlfriend. I just winged it but here's how I did it:

Put a pound of extra lean ground beef in a mixing bowl. Jabbed holes in it with my fingers (wearing gloves) and mixed in Montreal steak spice, cayenne pepper, black pepper, basil, and finely chopped onions... before shaping the meatballs (to the size of golf balls) and placing them in a casserole dish. Doused the raw meatballs in pizza sauce, ketchup, hot sauce, and a dash of honey garlic BBQ sauce, before putting it in preheated oven (375-400F). I probably should've blended the sauce together and then dumped it on.

Cooked for 15 min and then flipped the balls and stirred/basted the sauce. Cooked for another 10 min.
    I dumped out the leftover sauce for the stray cat as it was pretty greasy.

Threw the cooked balls into a frying pan with marinara sauce (any pasta sauce or blend will do). If you can, use a sauce which is made with San Marzano vine-ripened tomatoes (from Italy). I covered the pan for a bit and cooked on low, stirring occasionally. The idea behind this is to let the marinara soak in and also to thinken up the texture by evaporating some of the moisture.

Spread some marinara on both sides of steak bun and loaded on 4 meatballs with grated marble cheese and finely sliced letuce.

I didn't have any green pepper, but I was feeling adventurous so I put a thin line of ranch up the middle.
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Greatly Respected Member

Today I ate super nutritious and healthy ...

Breaky : Hot co-co
    Lunch : Homemade pizza .. Cup-O-Soup

Snacks through-out the day :
    Toast ( two helpings )
    Pretzels
    Peanut butter crackers
    Deer Park water
    Sour ball candy

I know I ate more but can not remember what ...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Steffi View Post
    Today I ate super nutritious and healthy ...

Breaky : Hot co-co
    Lunch : Homemade pizza .. Cup-O-Soup

Snacks through-out the day :
    Toast ( two helpings )
    Pretzels
    Peanut butter crackers
    Deer Park water
    Sour ball candy

I know I ate more but can not remember what ...
    Not much of a breaky My ideal breakfast is an egg and piece of toast with a fruit/veggie smoothie.

What is Deer Park water? And where do I get this super nutritious and healthy sour ball candy?

I've been on a homemade pizza kick lately. Mmm... The other day I made mini pizzas using english muffins (sliced into 3s). The trick to good pizza is to put the cheese on first, before the sauce, to act as a buffer for the sauce to keep it from making the dough soggy (and to keep the flavor and texture of the sauce intact).

My girlfriend is making us Oreo cupcakes since I made us supper
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Greatly Respected Member

Woke up.. it snowed 2in/5cm in the early morning hours so it was something quick and hot ...
    Now up in British Columbia where we've had up to 5ft/60cm in one snowfall session ...
    Being snowed in without electricity is very scary.. and with my panic attacks you can forget that !

Deer Park is bottled spring water :
    http://www.deerparkwater.com/

Pizza ... Mom purchases the dough things from Wegmans grocery store / shredded mozzarella on top of the jar'd tomato sauce ...

Candies ... Just walk down the candy aisle ... Those and some cookies ... I can eat bags of jet-puffed marshmallows ... Love eating Pillsbury cake frosting ...

My workstation closely resembles that computer guys on Jurassic park ... lol

All without gaining one single ounce of weight ...

Administrator

B.C. is great. I've yet to visit there but have heard good things from friends.

Ain't that cute. Your mommy makes you pizza Must be nice!

The meatballs were even better as leftovers. And the oreo cupcakes were fantastic - I'll try to remember to post a pic.

I'm thinking I'll make a grilled cheese with a 1-egg omlette in the middle, for breakfast/lunch.

I eat more eggs and take milk

Administrator

I had lasagna tonight... and for dessert I think I'll have peanut butter fudge crunch ice cream (the good kind - not the cheap knockoff that stole its name from the original).

Greatly Respected Member

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki View Post
    B.C. is great. I've yet to visit there but have heard good things from friends.
    I posted some pic's awhile back ... Not sure if you seen them or not ...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki View Post
    Ain't that cute. Your mommy makes you pizza Must be nice!
    Not necessarily ... I do most of the cooking around here.. and cleaning.. and laundry ...

This evenings dinner consisted of lunch meat sandwiches with tomato, mayo and yummy deli olives on the side ...
    (Which of course Cinderella Slave Stephanie had to prepare) then washed the dishes ...

I'm eating Chicken with Bread.
    Best 'n' Best

Today i eat chicken qorma in lunch.
    Last edited by VampirePrincess; 02-02-2012 at 03:12 AM.