Thread: "Navigation is disabled for 8 seconds" message when clicking on links.....

Default "Navigation is disabled for 8 seconds" message when clicking on links.....

Hi. I am new to Linkbucks, and your interface is very user friendly. I provide a lot of Soccer Content to online Forums, and the downloaders have given a positive response to Linkbucks. However, today, since about 2:30PM EST, people who have been clicking on any links I have provided to them have been getting this message:

"Navigation is disbled for 8 seconds."

Are you guys having issues on your end? I don't have an answer for them as to why the links are not working, which in turn means they aren't receiving the Windows pop-up for downloading the files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Wigan

I often come across this when I use the imagehost imgchili. Are you posting images or just linking to off site content?

Pies

Greatly Respected Member

The image host is breaking iframes ...

Imagehaven.net is another host that breaks frames ...

If you click on " Hide Frame", the image will appear ...
    (In time your visitors will become frustrated)

Personally, to prevent my visitors from becoming frustrated.. I have forbidden said hosts from being used on my websites and boards ...

Stephanie
    Last edited by Steffi; 02-02-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Hello and thanks for this post I was going to ask the same.

So tell me Stephanie, or any other who knows, what happen if the users click where it says "Hide frame" ? links/images will be paid, or not? and also, do you know another (good?) imagehost without ads?

I used abload, what is like imageshack (with size and weight of the images) but it have a popup, and my users doesn´t like too much popups...

Thanks in advance!

Carlos

Greatly Respected Member

Quote Originally Posted by carlosoctavio View Post
    Hello and thanks for this post I was going to ask the same.
    Thanks ...

So tell me Stephanie, or any other who knows, what happen if the users click where it says "Hide frame" ? links/images will be paid, or not?
    I do not know ... From my point of view I would say yes you are being paid but there really is no tangible proof of such ... You simply have to take someones word for it.

Keep in mind though.. your objective is not only to accumulate as much traffic as possible but to retain that traffic ...
    How is that possible to retain traffic when your traffic is becoming frustrated over blank pages due the host breaking frames ?

I literally had Admin CommanderBucks at my site reviewing this very same issue.
    Something has to give.. either the host or Linkbucks and I chose ridding my boards of hosts / Code that break frames ...

I now have three (3) different .html styles of page for each page I have on my entire website :
    (Yes, a lot of work)

• One page style has Linkbucks and no advertisements ...
    (since my adverts break frames)

• The second style page has absolutely no advertisements at all ...
    (Clean and very surfer friendly)

• The third style page style has all the advertisements / pop-unders / Affiliate skim and everything else including the kitchen sink ...

I now can log-onto my FTP and flip flop my entire websites .html pages at will ...
    (Some niches I have over 300 pages)

If a sponsor goes under.. I just replace the Sponsor html's with the no advert pages ...
    (then remove that sponsor at my own pace instead of having panic attacks wondering what I am going to do next)

If I want to make a few extra dollars.. I simply upload the Linkbucks html pages ...

Follow me ? Understand the three different .html styles ?

and also, do you know another (good?) imagehost without ads?
    Imagebam
    Imagebunk ( formally imagewaste )

Glad I can help

Stephanie

Thank you Steph ! i will start using imagewaste, i think. I was using abload as as said before, but it have nasty popups what my users doesn´t want

What´s your website? What is it about? Can you show me? maybe i will link you in my celebs forum or my blog!
    Last edited by carlosoctavio; 02-03-2012 at 03:44 PM.