Thread: Linkbucks Changes Advertising from Raw to Unique

Hybrid View

Default Linkbucks Changes Advertising from Raw to Unique

Hello,

We've taken your feedback over the last few months and decided to make an important change in the advertising platform. Next week, we will be changing the ad delivery system to be unique impressions rather than raw traffic like it is now. We expect that this will improve your conversions and performance.

Unique impressions will be counted as 1 unique visitor per 24 hours. This will be based on the delivered metric in your reporting.

Next, we're working hard to give publisher incentives to bring in more traffic than ever before. We are monitoring countries that may be under-delivering and putting big incentives to bring those countries more traffic.

If you are considering a bulk buy, we will work with you by negotiating special rates for those buys. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] for more information on that.

Don't forget to drop by the forums to provide feedback and address any of your questions. The forums feature up to date guides and advice on how to get the most out of Linkbucks as a user and advertiser, whether you're a noob or expert. It is an amazing resource for people like you who want to make money on the Internet.

Regards,
    Linkbucks.com

Now the ones i have in bold worry me because i have low unique visitors but good raw impressions. seems like the rest is pretty good news but for me i'm kind of 50/50 about next week's changes.

Administrator

I think you're "reaching" for problems, Grownup. I've seen you do this more than once

In reality, this is a bold step which helps all users. Publishers will still be getting paid more than ever due to the frequent rate increases and advertisers will have better quality traffic and conversions. There's no hidden agenda. Not everything is bad, and you don't always have to put a negative spin on everything. I recommend being appreciative that this service has continued to evolve because the Linkbucks company itself is willing to suffer a bit short term, knowing that helping out its users is best for the long term. It's just good business - nothing more. Take advantage. Go make money and/or advertise!
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki View Post
    I think you're "reaching" for problems, Grownup. I've seen you do this more than once

In reality, this is a bold step which helps all users. Publishers will still be getting paid more than ever due to the frequent rate increases and advertisers will have better quality traffic and conversions. There's no hidden agenda. Not everything is bad, and you don't always have to put a negative spin on everything. I recommend being appreciative that this service has continued to evolve because the Linkbucks company itself is willing to suffer a bit short term, knowing that helping out its users is best for the long term. It's just good business - nothing more. Take advantage. Go make money and/or advertise!
    with all due respect suz i'm not reaching for problems nor am i purposely putting a negative spin on any or everything, I'm just given you a plain reality and the reality is i do not get many uniques a day.

I'm still 50/50 on this but i will take the wait and see approach.

This is great, I was having problems with alot of double traffic!
    I hope it will be more unique next week

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Grownup View Post
    with all due respect suz i'm not reaching for problems nor am i purposely putting a negative spin on any or everything, I'm just given you a plain reality and the reality is i do not get many uniques a day.

I'm still 50/50 on this but i will take the wait and see approach.
    Clearly you are reaching for problems but anyway, let's set the record straight.

I don't know why you think the fact that you don't get many uniques matters. Publishers are virtually unaffected by this change.

The only change is for advertisers, in which they will get unique visitors. That is all. Publishers still earn the same and are still allowed multiple clicks per IP.

This is a GOOD change and it only affects advertisers, in a POSITIVE way. So you see, you overreacted No need to put a negative spin on it.
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki View Post
    Clearly you are reaching for problems but anyway, let's set the record straight.

I don't know why you think the fact that you don't get many uniques matters. Publishers are virtually unaffected by this change.

The only change is for advertisers, in which they will get unique visitors. That is all. Publishers still earn the same and are still allowed multiple clicks per IP.

This is a GOOD change and it only affects advertisers, in a POSITIVE way. So you see, you overreacted No need to put a negative spin on it.
    suz i was clearly speaking for my self and nobody else but whatever. we will see if i overreacted or not when the changes come next week.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Grownup View Post
    suz i was clearly speaking for my self and nobody else but whatever. we will see if i overreacted or not when the changes come next week.
    And you still refuse to admit that maybe - just maybe - not everything is terrible.

Not sure how else I can put this but... This does not affect you AT ALL as a publisher. Nothing changes.

If you're an advertiser, then this will affect you... but only in the sense that you will get better quality traffic.

I still fail to see how you managed to manifest a negative outlook. Even your title was misleaing (which I changed by the way) - "Linkbucks Changed Again?!!!"

Clearly you are speaking for yourself because you're the only one who's determined to project something bad out of something awesome.