Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Linkbucks Changes Advertising from Raw to Unique

Administrator

But if he's an advertiser and doesn't get many uniques then this is a bad thing. The switch from raw to unique will solve this issue by giving him lots of uniques, so I fail to see how this could be a bad thing.

Also, Grownup makes very small purchases (the absolute minimum) so if he's only buying 1k of traffic at a time and spending a couple bucks a week, then he need not worry about quantity.
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki View Post
    But if he's an advertiser and doesn't get many uniques then this is a bad thing. The switch from raw to unique will solve this issue by giving him lots of uniques, so I fail to see how this could be a bad thing.

Also, Grownup makes very small purchases (the absolute minimum) so if he's only buying 1k of traffic at a time and spending a couple bucks a week, then he need not worry about quantity.
    yes i'am an advertiser suz and you know what suz i hope this change does what its meant to do cuz if does not do anything significant i am really screwed no joke. yes i do make the smallest purchases have you seen the prices for world wide traffic now as compared to the sell linkbuck had in january? not only worldwide but others as well.

I wish for one day that US or UK impressions were only $1. I would jump on that
    Last edited by Grownup; 02-17-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Administrator

I still don't understand how you'd ever be screwed. Frankly, that's virtually impossible. For argument's sake, let's assume the traffic quality were to stay the exact same as it was before (worst case scenario). Nothing would change for you... so how would you be screwed?

Again though, unique hits are always better... no matter what. You're essentially getting more people since multiple hits from the same IP aren't allowed anymore. So yes, Linkbucks has changed but there's nowhere to go but up for your traffic quality. Unique > Raw - Always! No exceptions. There really is no way for this to be a bad thing, so let's be done with this silly debate.

As for the cost of traffic, I consider 60 or 70 cents for 1,000 unique impresions from all countries pretty darn good. if you can't afford that then maybe it's time to change your strategy so that you can.
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki View Post
    I still don't understand how you'd ever be screwed. Frankly, that's virtually impossible. For argument's sake, let's assume the traffic quality were to stay the exact same as it was before (worst case scenario). Nothing would change for you... so how would you be screwed?

Again though, unique hits are always better... no matter what. You're essentially getting more people since multiple hits from the same IP aren't allowed anymore. So yes, Linkbucks has changed but there's nowhere to go but up for your traffic quality. Unique > Raw - Always! No exceptions. There really is no way for this to be a bad thing, so let's be done with this silly debate.

As for the cost of traffic, I consider 60 or 70 cents for 1,000 unique impresions from all countries pretty darn good. if you can't afford that then maybe it's time to change your strategy so that you can.
    I'm currently unemployed and have been for almost 4 months so i trying to find a job so for now my site and unemployment is my only income for now?

Greatly Respected Member

I think it's time to reevaluate ...

Stephanie
    Last edited by Steffi; 02-18-2012 at 05:31 AM.

Change Started?

Quote Originally Posted by mrdd View Post
    Change Started?
    don't think so mrdd

EDIT: Has anyone else seen a change?
    Last edited by Grownup; 02-20-2012 at 07:57 PM.

I dont see any change..

Administrator

I'm guessing there will be a transitional period. It probably won't happen right away. I'll let you know when I know more.

How long will transitional period last?