Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dooes linkbucks stop counting clicks if too many from one ip?

Hybrid View

Default Dooes linkbucks stop counting clicks if too many from one ip?

Hey, I am the owner of www.5starhiphop.com and I post new songs everyday, usually A LOT of them. Over 20 every day. And users who stay may sometimes stay for HOURS clicking my links and listening to music. I'm sure to linkbucks this looks like click fraud. But it's not, users literally stay on my site for hours going down the list clicking a new link. because it could possibly be 100 or more clicks on DIFFERENT links but from the same ip. My questions are:

1. Do ip's get ignored by linkbucks after a certain amount of clicks from the same ip? Eventhough they are clicking on different links?

2. If so,How many links can they click on before being ignored?

If the answer is yes to the first questions, that is not fair, but I guess I understand it. You all should implement a system where people who own websites get to bypass this since they are posting multiple links everyday that might get clicked over a hundred times from the same ip. If not that, at least raise the number, because it seems like it is very low.

It is different for forums users because they are getting a lot of unique clicks for one thing. But we are getting unique hits AND consistent hits from the same ip.

I hope you all understand what I mean and will take my suggestion into consideration

sorry for the (somewhat) long post...

Great question, I am also waiting for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by airmcnair06 View Post
    Hey, I am the owner of www.5starhiphop.com and I post new songs everyday, usually A LOT of them. Over 20 every day. And users who stay may sometimes stay for HOURS clicking my links and listening to music. I'm sure to linkbucks this looks like click fraud. But it's not, users literally stay on my site for hours going down the list clicking a new link. because it could possibly be 100 or more clicks on DIFFERENT links but from the same ip. My questions are:

1. Do ip's get ignored by linkbucks after a certain amount of clicks from the same ip? Eventhough they are clicking on different links?

2. If so,How many links can they click on before being ignored?

If the answer is yes to the first questions, that is not fair, but I guess I understand it. You all should implement a system where people who own websites get to bypass this since they are posting multiple links everyday that might get clicked over a hundred times from the same ip. If not that, at least raise the number, because it seems like it is very low.

It is different for forums users because they are getting a lot of unique clicks for one thing. But we are getting unique hits AND consistent hits from the same ip.

I hope you all understand what I mean and will take my suggestion into consideration

sorry for the (somewhat) long post...
    1. YES
    2. Not sure about this , but the estimates are around 30-31 clicks before an ip gets blocked.

It's a fair system. Suppose this rule wouldn't count, you could earn 100 dollars a day by just letting 1 person click your links all day long . Yes, it's frustrating for ppl who play by the rules like you, but admins got to make a clear line about what's legit and what's not. It would get too complicating otherwise.

30 clicks in what time span? 1 hour? 1 day?

Linkbucks Private Ninja suchintan's Avatar

its 31 clicks for a 24h period. i tested this personally. it stopped counting my own clicks for me at 31..

Quote Originally Posted by suchintan View Post
    its 31 clicks for a 24h period. i tested this personally. it stopped counting my own clicks for me at 31..
    wow that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by airmcnair06 View Post
    wow that sucks.

Well I guess it's quite fair to count 30 click from one ip/day. and every one is here for making money. and I think linkbucks has given us a very nice way of making money.

Quote Originally Posted by suchintan View Post
    Don't they ban you for clicking your own links?

Linkbucks Private Ninja suchintan's Avatar

no, they dont. thats why the limit is there...lols

Quote Originally Posted by Demonstate View Post
    1. YES
    2. Not sure about this , but the estimates are around 30-31 clicks before an ip gets blocked.

It's a fair system. Suppose this rule wouldn't count, you could earn 100 dollars a day by just letting 1 person click your links all day long . Yes, it's frustrating for ppl who play by the rules like you, but admins got to make a clear line about what's legit and what's not. It would get too complicating otherwise.
    But its not the same link they are clicking. They are clicking different links....so it's not fair in all instances.

I think we should be able to verify that we are the owner of a website by putting a code somewhere to disable this or something....or at least raise the limit to 50