Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can a admin or owner please tell people to stop floodong the spam forum please

Default Can a admin or owner please tell people to stop floodong the spam forum please

i cant even find my own post if you could put a stop to it that would be great

Administrator

Um, the Spam forum exists so that people can spam as much as they want. We are not interested in controlling that forum.
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

I would of at least removed all that credit card hack spam. As the feds are cracking down on sites with those advertised.

Greatly Respected Member

Quote Originally Posted by FSM2010 View Post
    I would of at least removed all that credit card hack spam. As the feds are cracking down on sites with those advertised.
    I mentioned that originally ( mere minutes after Admin Suzuki created this thread )
    http://forums.linkbucks.com/showthread.php?t=43762
    My post/comment was deleted and he locked the thread ...

I figured.. your board your rules ... Sooner or later the authorities will notice and by that time it's to late because you're already on their radar ...

What do I know ...

Stephanie

Administrator

I'm thinking none of this will matter once the board is upgraded.
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Greatly Respected Member

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki View Post
    Ya think so huh ?
    You're in for a big surprise ...

I've even went as far as installing :
    Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
    and
    The 4.1.12 is NO different ...

Nothing special ... No new options and you can not customize the templet ...

There are no preloaded .xml
    There is no word block
    and what you think it is.. it's not because I have
    personally went through ever single inch of the
    4.1.10 Version ...

Been there.. done that and went back to version 3.82

Stephanie

Greatly Respected Member

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki View Post
    You.. Atticus and CommanderBucks are more than welcome to stop on by.. register and I will admin yas up so can take a look for yourself at Version 4.1.10 ...
    (Same as 4.1.12)

Play around with it
    Look at the Admin CP ...
    *Direct a few of your relentless spammers over there just to see if you can stop them*
    I do not care if you screw it up because I will most likely delete it anyway in a month or so ...

Personally, I do not like version 4.x

http://www.nakedamateurs.org/vbulletin4/forum.php

Stephanie

Administrator

Thanks, Steff. I will have to inquire about the status of the boards upgrade and fill them in on this.

thanks dear this is nice post, i like it...

I think an obvious solution would just be to require 5 non-spam posts before you can post in the spam forums, if that were possible somehow.

To ensure only legit posters get this privilege, I'd suggest reporting any and all spam in non-spam sections. I'm tired of seeing spammy, irrelevant posts, so I've dropped the hammer on any and all spam I see; I suggest all other posters do the same to keep the quality of the forum high. =]

We all have our things we wish to promote, that's for sure, but at the end of the day this forum is devoted to Linkbucks, so any automated posting or semi-automated posting should be curbed. If someone has 0 posts(as many of the machinegunner spammers in the spam section are), removing their posting privileges in that area solves the issue.