Thread: LinkBucks and Copyright

Default LinkBucks and Copyright

Hello guys, I'm new..
    I want to ask you: if I create a link on linkbucks linking the download of something that is not mine, is it copyright infringement?
    I mean, for example i write an article on my blog about a game that I didn't create: can I use Linkbucks to link the page to download or purchase that content? To clarify, i wouldn't link the direct download link, but the page of the real site in wich there is the Download button..
    Is this legit or not?

And also, can i link a Wikipedia page that i didn't write?
    Or a YouTube video that isn't mine?

So, when is it copyright strike and when it isn't?

Thank you!

Administrator

You will have to use your better judgment on this one. Depends on a few things like the type of content, the site you're directing users to, etc.

When in doubt, don't do it... is probably the safest motto I could refer to. If you're not sure, contact the content owner.

Usually it's pretty clear what is and isn't copyrighted. You will probably get a warning if we get contacted about your links and after that you'll be banned.
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman

Sorry but i don't understand.
    If I just link a page ( like yahoo.com ) with Linkbucks, I'm earning with my short link.. and how can I damage the owners of the site? After people clicks on "Skip this AD" they will go on the original page, so I'm not claiming myself the developer of that page or this doesn't mean that I have any rights on that page..
    Isn't this right?

Administrator

If you're making money off directing people to blatlantly copyrighted content then copyright owners do not like this. It's that simple.

As I said, just use your better judgment and you'll be fine.
    The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech. - Edwin H. Friedman