Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pop Unders Appearing

Default Pop Unders Appearing

Why are there pop unders appearing when the "skip ads" button is clicked? This is not what we signed up for. Linkbucks should inform us about this instead of sneaking in pop ups and pop unders without notice.

Greatly Respected Member

Quote Originally Posted by emigre View Post
    Why are there pop unders appearing when the "skip ads" button is clicked? This is not what we signed up for. Linkbucks should inform us about this instead of sneaking in pop ups and pop unders without notice.
    Obviously the skip ads feature is not operating correctly and really hasn't for quite some time. If memory serves me correctly, there are a few threads on this message board consisting of such.

If only it was a perfect world.

Stephanie

AzzIzz

so , does anybody know when it will be fixed? many visitors of my site are complaining about it

Greatly Respected Member

Quote Originally Posted by AzzIzz View Post
    so , does anybody know when it will be fixed? many visitors of my site are complaining about it
    It is being investigated. Linkbucks is funded from advertisements for which your earnings stem from. Linkbucks has no control over it's sponsors content of pop ups or pop unders.
    Yes I know ( at times ) it appears coming directly from the Skip Ads button. I can code a little advertisement snip that when you click on the Submit or Reply button ( on this message board ) you'll receive yet another of my advertisements. That's not Linkbucks fault, that's the code in my advertisement that is doing that.
    Understand ?

Thousands of ad's are here at Linkbucks and it is impossible to keep track of who is who and what each advertiser is coding until it's reported.
    So to reiterate : It is being investigated.

*Plus, I have to add a little comment of my own : *

You are subjecting your visitors to Linkbucks which is all Top Banner / Intermission ad's to begin with. Now you're trying to tell me your visitors are complaining about a pop under ?

It's like I offer you water because you're thirsty and then you turn around and complain that I gave you to much water.

Stephanie
    Last edited by Steffi; 05-07-2010 at 03:17 AM.

AzzIzz

thanks for explaining

but
    Quote Originally Posted by steffi View Post

*Plus, I have to add a little comment of my own : *

You are subjecting your visitors to Linkbucks which is all Top Banner / Intermission ad's to begin with. Now you're trying to tell me your visitors are complaining about a pop under ?

It's like I offer you water because you're thirsty and then you turn around and complain that I gave you to much water.

Stephanie
    sorry, I don't get you. from your reply looks like mine visitors should be happy that I put Linkbucks code to my site.

Greatly Respected Member

thanks for explaining

but

sorry, I don't get you. from your reply looks like mine visitors should be happy that I put Linkbucks code to my site.
    You are more than welcome

What I am saying is :
    1. You are obviously using Linkbucks on your website. Meaning you are already subjecting your visitors to Linkbucks ads.

2. When your visitors click "Skip Ads" and see a pop-under they become annoyed ?
    Your visitors were already subjected to your Linkbucks ads from the start and then a additional pop-under annoys them ?

So basically, you're telling me your visitors can deal with five of your Linkbucks advertisements but a sixth, a pop-under make them mad ?

Again, we're investigating this issue but do you see my point as well ?

Stephanie

AzzIzz

aah, ok, I understand now. Well, this is what exactly one of my visistors wrote:
    "I've been getting redirected to other websites, and popups. [...] and when I go on your site, I get redirected to a different one."

I asked him to send me a screen of the sites he's getting redirected and wanna make a topic about it when I get it. cuz I think it's not stricktly popups problem.

Greatly Respected Member

aah, ok, I understand now. Well, this is what exactly one of my visistors wrote:
    "I've been getting redirected to other websites, and popups. [...] and when I go on your site, I get redirected to a different one."

I asked him to send me a screen of the sites he's getting redirected and wanna make a topic about it when I get it. cuz I think it's not stricktly popups problem.
    There are other considerations as well. Your visitor could have malicious adware java installed on his or her computer causing this issue. Obviously now when your visitor visits your website ( or any other website ) he or she is either redirected or another pop-up surfaces.

I have yet to read anyone being automatically redirected to another website based on Linkbucks itself. It's always been malicious code from a advertiser and or a already infected computer.
    So basically you can pull your hair out attempting to locate the source and you'll never find it because the source is the complaintents computer itself.

We are still looking into this situation.

Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by steffi View Post
    There are other considerations as well. Your visitor could have malicious adware java installed on his or her computer causing this issue. Obviously now when your visitor visits your website ( or any other website ) he or she is either redirected or another pop-up surfaces.
    Yup. That could very well be their problem.

If their seeing pop ups in the first place,then their Not surfing safe with FIREFOX.
    and are probably surfing with the nooby internet explorer, the most getting u infected browser on the planet.
    Get rid of IE, and Get Firefox. or any other browser for that matter that's not internet explorer.

Get Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox
    Get rid of the spyware/adware:
    1: Malwarebytes: http://www.malwarebytes.org
    2: Spybot search & destroy: http://www.safer-networking.org

And of course, update your anti-virus.
    Which should be one of these: avira, avast, or kaspersky. All have free versions.
    All the others misses to much stuff. like avg and bit defender.

if u dont click "Skip This Page", just let it go
    there is no pop under ads

if u click, ads.clicksor.com ads pop up

what i do is to go to host, add the following code:
    127.0.0.1 ads.clicksor.com
    127.0.0.1 ads.lzjl.com

just block these 2 sites

i think the problem is linkbuck's Publisher use ads.clicksor.com's to sell their ads, which pop up will appear

blocking ads.lzjl.com will prevent any pop-up
    so the solution is to tell your visitor to block ads.lzjl.com using host

or linkbucks should block any Publisher who sell ads.clicksor.com
    Last edited by cckdom; 05-09-2010 at 02:23 PM.