Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Clean Content links serving Adult Ads

Administrator

Hollywire is not an adult site. Neither is heavy.com. Every site has limit for the nature of non-adult advertising and our marketing does not consider these to be over the line.

However, since you are the one of the first complaints regarding the nature of our non-adult advertising, we'll definately review what's on the rotation. But is our opinion that most of the ads currently in the rotation now are acceptable for Linkbucks.com

Administrator

After an initial review of the advertising, the only thing that I consider to be a bit over the line are the besttube ads. They appear most like what you are describing.

I will go ahead and talk to marketing about that.

Administrator

After talking with marketing, we've agreed to remove those ads. They should be gone in the next 15 minutes. This is the square box ads below the heavy ads on top.

IMO maybe the dead hooker thing might be a bit over the top too. Me personally don't care but i do agree there's a thin line between adult and clean here
    Make MONEY doing nothing else using Google !!! Click here to signup !!!

Default Unacceptable Content Served in so called Clean Banners

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderBucks View Post
    After talking with marketing, we've agreed to remove those ads. They should be gone in the next 15 minutes. This is the square box ads below the heavy ads on top.
    W0W! That was Ultra Quick, Thank you, Very Much CommanderBucks!
    I am going to review what I am seeing now with my links:
    http://www.ubucks.net/link/fdcfc488/12424
    I have a banner.. The female is pulling off her T-Bar underwear, close up butt shot, then pushing her b-hind into my screen - Not acceptable for my all ages audience.

Also the words "Boob Shake" totally refers to sexually oriented content.
    I have to ask, why are these ads being served on clean content choses links, referring to sexually oriented content, be them over the line or subtly suggesting?
    Why not ads promoting family oriented advertising, sports, trading cards or places like ebay?
    I am curious. Please respond.
    Where will my future with LinkBucks go from here..

http://www.linkbucks.com/link/f981aab2/12424
    Again, the words "Best Boobs" showing avi of naked breasts, compressed by hand, sure covering nipples but highly suggestive that if you click the banner, you will be taken to where views of breasts can be seen=adult oriented, not suitable for 19 years of age and under.

http://www.linkbucks.com/link/fea57c1b/12424
    The words "College Tail" with a picture of a bare butt in a T-Bar, suggesting access to material that is not suitable for all ages..
    Additionally, third picture over, on the banner is a young girl in a brown dress, moving in a way that her breasts are totally accented to be center of attention. The ad is without text which in this case isn't necessary anyway.
    Again, why are these so called non adult advertising banners, all geared towards what is, without a doubt and if not on the line or over - suggesting that of adult content, or better said; content that is not suitable for all ages?

I can not promote links with this type of material, blatantly showing up in my visitors face. The choice of ads are more towards the line than not and could be taken highly offensively to most audience that are professional business people, in the mainstream.

Is Linkbucks considering gaining more mainstream advertising that does not include exploiting women as sexual objects?

Don't get me wrong. I have been an adult entertainer for many years, online and off. I know the difference between mainstream and the adult entertainment industry.
    It is just that potential sign ups, customers and people in general that are not at all interested in seeing adult content may construe the advertising in these banners as exploitation.
    Please respond.

Furthermore, this advertising is not something that I would want people under the age of 18 to come upon, while clicking any one of my link buck links because in my opinion and likely that of their parents, is that these ads are way too suggestive.
    Comments welcome.

In closing, I know the kind of sense behind the revenue dollars that sexually oriented advertising can generate.
    Although, whose buying it..
    Additionally, I am somewhat saddened that the so called clean content, that is suppose to be designed as suitable for all ages, is providing the images and suggestive advertising that I have pointed out, above.
    I haven't bothered to click the banner to see where it takes me and what I am going to be presented with. The banners alone are quite enough.
    I am not opposed to the content in the banners myself but I am very concerned that my viewers will be.
    I urge LinkBucks to consider, if necessary to provide another choice in advertising content for LinkBuck users. IE: Clean or Adult. So that when users choose clean, we get clean. No boobs, no asses, no stripping etc.
    This is all very much suggestive to viewing boobs, asses and stripping etc. All of which is designed for mature adults. Not people under the ages of 18 and not for my 60 year old ladies looking for material similar to mine that I may have had as a link buck link.
    Additionally, if a child is surfing and their mom or dad is surfing with them and they came upon on of my so called clean Linkbuck links and those banners showed up, I would most likely loose a potential visitor, no to mention popularity with that range of audience.

I am very concerned about this. I hope that there is a way to provide a more widely accepted source of advertising in Linkbuck Clean content banners.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonstate View Post
    IMO maybe the dead hooker thing might be a bit over the top too. Me personally don't care but i do agree there's a thin line between adult and clean here
    Exactly!!!!! Doesn't that send a chill or two?

What is more is the young girl in the transparent purple top, moving so her breasts are highly accented, not to mention her nipples are in plain view.

Call me prudent (although I am far from it) but would a family oriented audience not shudder if they were to click what seemed like an innocent enough link, only to have this show up on their screen?

"Dead Hooker" ?? This is beyond what I can only find to call obscene. I am shocked!

I am even more so shocked to read that LinkBucks feels this type of advertising in so called clean banners is ok.

Why do users choose Clean content to be served in the banners of the links they choose to build?
    Certainly, it is to avoid the types of advertising now being found on the Clean Content banners.

Thanks for pointing out the text about the Hooker.
    This is totally unacceptable.
    Especially for those who choose Clean content for their link buck links.

If you had visitors to your links that were geared towards families and just general users of the mainstream, what do you think that they would feel if they were being served the content in LinkBucks Clean banners?

I appreciate anyone who takes the time to respond. I am interested in what you feel your mainstream and family (ages below 18 y.o) as well as parents and women over 60 y.o, would think. Thanks.

Linkbucks Private Ninja suchintan's Avatar

im totally against all this.

back when this forum was created, i had asked linkbucksguy to constantly check the ads, and constantly, these types of ads were taken out

now i stopped creating links and spreading them as my referrals do all the work..and because of that, i have stopped checking my links..so i cant complain about this

I feel your pain man ... Even though you're 100% right i'm afraid your one-man-protest isn't gonna change all of this. In the clean section even 80% of all links are sexually suggestive. Converting them all to clean would generate ann xcess amount of advertisers in the adult section and not enough in the clean section, (I THINK) . Sex sells, and that's why most of those ads are referring to sexual websites. And i also guess LB's definition of clean is somewhat different than yours, meaning they describe adult as 'visually' explicit (as in nipples or genitals would totally shown), not 'verbally' explicit nor sexually suggestive. I too feel there's a thin line between those too, and I would find it a very nice achievement by LB if they could filter those out. But I'm not striving for this, because I know LB will have to do alot of financial changes to get this through, and abviously i don't want LB to have financial troubles . But i do get your point and i can relate to it.

Good Luck !!!
    Make MONEY doing nothing else using Google !!! Click here to signup !!!

Default How Many Actually Check Their Links

Quote Originally Posted by Demonstate View Post
    I feel your pain man ... Even though you're 100% right i'm afraid your one-man-protest isn't gonna change all of this. In the clean section even 80% of all links are sexually suggestive. Converting them all to clean would generate ann xcess amount of advertisers in the adult section and not enough in the clean section, (I THINK) . Sex sells, and that's why most of those ads are referring to sexual websites. And i also guess LB's definition of clean is somewhat different than yours, meaning they describe adult as 'visually' explicit (as in nipples or genitals would totally shown), not 'verbally' explicit nor sexually suggestive. I too feel there's a thin line between those too, and I would find it a very nice achievement by LB if they could filter those out. But I'm not striving for this, because I know LB will have to do alot of financial changes to get this through, and abviously i don't want LB to have financial troubles . But i do get your point and i can relate to it.

Good Luck !!!
    Hey, thanks and I understand what you are saying as well.
    Appreciate your comment.
    Well I guess it is onward and upward for me.
    I don't have time for this nor can I adjust my viewers to suit LB. Oh well.

As far as one man protest (and Im notta guy btw - lol)
    How many people who use Linkbucks actually check their links? I mean really? Until suddenly, somewhere they are promoting with a LB converted link, freezes their account because it is associated with adult material. EEKS is right.

From what I gather, I never had this problem before. Never, since I have been a member of LB.
    I checked my links before posting them to be sure that they were not broken or otherwise messed up and I have never seen that content until just about 1.5 weeks ago.

I will wait and watch for another bit and see what happens.

I know how well sex sell but, when you read LB site, it states loud and clear that Clean content banners are "Suitable for All Ages".

Wouldn't it be a shame if someone with more clout than me actually started complaining?
    Simply because those banners IE: Best Boobs, Dead Hooker, College Tail, is NOT suitable for all ages.
    I smell trouble for LB if they keep serving this type of content within their clean banners when they claim on their website that, Clean Content choice is "suitable for all ages".
    Not It's Not.

Legally, it is not. Not when a innocent 10 year old viewer can see nipples and bare asses etc. It just isn't acceptable to the mainstream. More so to children. That is my argument.

Personally, I couldn't care a less what people do. Plus this service is free. It's not like I have to use this service. I don't pay anything so it is my choice, ultimately.

All I do know is when I started, the clean content banners did not serve that type of content and now all of a sudden they are.
    I also know since I have been a triple X adult entertainer, online and off that this isn't right, legally. Especially when LB is claiming the clean banner content is suitable for all ages, when this content clearly is not sutiable for all ages. Do you want your 5-10 year old seeing the bouncing boobs, stripping girls and dead hookers? I don't.
    A lot of other people wouldn't either. Especially my 70 year old mother, if she decides to explore my Mainstream website and happens to click on a link that I made a link bucks. Whereas, a month ago, this wouldn't of been an issue because LB wasn't serving those ads on my links then. It has only recently started.

LB is pushing the envelope way too far on this one.
    Instead of judging me as a complainer, perhaps LB should heed my warning. Not because I am going to take this complaint any further than here but someone else might. If I am the only one complaining out of millions probably, that use LB, including those who get served these banners when clicking on LB user's links, no doubt someone is going to take note sooner or later.

If there was a poll taken by all LB members, first having them check their Clean Content Links, I am almost positive LB would experience an uproar.
    If we wanted adult content on our banners from LB we would have chosen "Adult" for content to be served when making our links.

Lastly, as a test I made each of the two type of banners. When I made an adult content one and called up the link LB made for me, it did not serve any ads at all. No Adult ads or otherwise.

If you ask me, there are still some bugs. Hopefully this is the case.
    If not, no loss. Not like I am making a whole tonne off the pages of link I have created using LB.

Good Luck!!! is right. To LB.

Default Clean vs Adult

Quote Originally Posted by suchintan View Post
    im totally against all this.

back when this forum was created, i had asked linkbucksguy to constantly check the ads, and constantly, these types of ads were taken out

now i stopped creating links and spreading them as my referrals do all the work..and because of that, i have stopped checking my links..so i cant complain about this
    All my links are created with the choice of clean content to be served.
    All was well until about 1.5 weeks ago.

Since I became a member I have been using LB regularly. I check my links before posting anywhere and never have I seen this type of content in my link buck link banners. Never. Only just started a couple weeks ago.