Thread: Question About Linkbucks & MMORPG Integration

Question Question About Linkbucks & MMORPG Integration

So I have a question about publishing LB links, specifically by integration within an online game program.

Basically, a few friends and I are developing a download-and-f2p MMO, and I went to considering methods of making a few pennies on the side by integrating Linkbucks intermissions into the game.

My idea is that we could use Linkbucks intermissions to present a simple method for players to get free eCurrency for our game. i.e. they want free coins, so they view a Linkbucks intermission and at the end they get the coins.

What I would really, really like to know is if this method could be officially OK'd by someone. I'm asking this on the forum for the benefit of other member's knowledge.

What we will be making sure of is:
    • Users will not be able to circumvent the time-count by cheating methods
    • A limit of X number of link views per day per IP to discourage botting
    • Users will find it difficult to cheat the ad system as we will be launching the game with anti-macro/bot/cheat methods
    • The window in which the intermission ad appears is the size of a valid PC resolution, and not resizeable

If anyone has done/is using this method already, I would also like to know.

If you are asking why we wouldn't instead go into our own ad publishing and make more money than Linkbucks could possibly pay out, the reason is that Linkbucks would be a great first step into testing a method similar to this, and no one on my team has the amount of experience needed to do anything more elaborate.

Hi

This is a really good question ive just read the terms again but not sure what to say . You should open a support ticket and ask this question or link this forum post on the site suport form

my own believe since i have been here a while and read a lot if admins replys it won't be okay your users must click the link coz they want to reach the content after it not coz u will five them money why ?? coz f they are doing it in this matter they won't see the ad they won't even care about they just want to click skip and get money unlike the usual usage which target the users that would wanna see the ad and some of them interact with it on the other side link lockers are open for any kind of incentive u wanna give your users to pass the surveys also give u much more money

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty6666 View Post
    Hi

This is a really good question ive just read the terms again but not sure what to say . You should open a support ticket and ask this question or link this forum post on the site suport form
    Yeah. I was just thinking that first I could see what other people think/have done, that way any answers would be public.

Quote Originally Posted by momo55 View Post
    my own believe since i have been here a while and read a lot if admins replys it won't be okay your users must click the link coz they want to reach the content after it not coz u will five them money why ?? coz f they are doing it in this matter they won't see the ad they won't even care about they just want to click skip and get money unlike the usual usage which target the users that would wanna see the ad and some of them interact with it on the other side link lockers are open for any kind of incentive u wanna give your users to pass the surveys also give u much more money
    I think I understand what you're saying, and, well, my answer is yes and no. There's always an incentive to reach the other side, otherwise no one would click in the first place for about 50% of all LB traffic, and most people that have viewed intermission ads more than once already ignore most content provided by these intermissions.
    And difference between users who are told "click view an intermission for free eCurrency," "click here for free eCurrency," "click here for guide xyz" or "click here for free pr0nz" is rather negligible.
    I suppose I could just use a wording like the second, rather than telling them that they will be viewing an ad. But then there really isn't much of a difference with the spread of most other Linkbucks ads.

And I would consider Locker links, however there is still a chance someone could whip up a proxy auto-redirector and grab tons of free eCurrency by using the IPs of countries that don't have Locker surveys & etc available.

Hmpf, well, no replies so... bump!

I'm honestly surprised that no one else has an answer, or even more to discuss. In the very least an admin should have posted something. Perhaps I should help another site earn money? I could go to AdFly or zPages I suppose.

Bump again. Because I can.

Still looking for a reply. :P

Maybe someone else can at least add to the conversation?

Been almost a month! Still nothin'.