Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading from Old Linkcode Format to New Linkcode Format

what domains are gonna be discontinued?

Greatly Respected Member

Quote Originally Posted by FSM2010 View Post
    Why can't you automatically swap the links like you did with the intermissions and top banner ads?

I've got thousands of links posted all over the internet which I can't edit. That also includes dumps on gallery-dump.com

Exactly ... Plus it's entirely too much trouble especially when my earnings are $0.40 a day when they used to be $2.50/$3.00 per day with Top Banner ... Intermission is/has killed a majority of my traffic and Google SERPs ...

This board is dead. The moderators jumped ship and ran after all the crying and complaining they did ... There are no new interesting campaigns that would suit my needs being developed here ... It appears Linkbucks is coasting in calm waters heading into the sunset ...
    I've stayed loyal here for five (5) years.. I think after this next payout it maybe time to call it quits here at Linbucks ...

Sincerely
    Stephanie

King of the Nether Rain Forest Atticus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FSM2010 View Post
    Why can't you automatically swap the links like you did with the intermissions and top banner ads?
    That's what we're doing at this time, but it is a bit more involved than the system to redirect intermissions and top banner ads. What's in question is how long we will support this redirection system, and at this time we're going to give it at least a year.

The point of the matter, however, is that wherever possible you should update to the new format linkcodes. Even if we decide to continue supporting old format a year from now, there are still good reasons you should update all of which can help you earn a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBrian View Post
    what domains are gonna be discontinued?
    I'll see about getting a list to display here; however, if you can create a link using the domain in the control panel, then that domain is not on the discontinued list.

Quote Originally Posted by Steffi View Post
    Sincerely
    Stephanie
    Hello to you too, Steffi.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I'll see about getting a list to display here; however, if you can create a link using the domain in the control panel, then that domain is not on the discontinued list.
    very nice, i been using that megaline domain since day one and its still in the control panel

Thanks

i'm getting Error 1004, with www.yyv.co alias, All my links whit yyv.co alias don't work, could you explain why?
    i have hundreds of links with that alias.
    All my links whit yyv.co alias will not work anymore?

King of the Nether Rain Forest Atticus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Centor View Post
    i'm getting Error 1004, with www.yyv.co alias, All my links whit yyv.co alias don't work, could you explain why?
    Please reach out to Linkbucks support regarding this matter. https://www.linkbucks.com/contact/

Would anyone be able to recommend a wordpress plugin which supports regex search & replace?

Also, please post the appropriate regex syntax to search and replace from old to new link format.

I have no idea how the blog sites would deal with this. In my case I used mainly full-page scripts so this shouldn't be a major headache (changing one line in around 20 templates).

If you have your own server / have access to the HTML (or PHP, etc.) code then following a complete backup this should be scriptable with awk and sed or similar tools. I haven't looked into this yet but I think I'm okay: I'm pretty sure the code switched over before I started using my (basic) server.

Question: is it possible to show in the account page where the traffic is coming from? E.g. if I believe I have changed all of my links, but have not, would it be possible to find out which of the old links are still receiving traffic? As Linkbucks successfully uses Google Analytics I can only imagine that this is somehow possible. Indeed, it may be possible for us to do this ourselves within Analytics, although I don't know how to do that right now. If anyone does then by all means share with the group!

I managed to find out the regex syntax to search and replace from old format to new.

search string
    http://([^"]+).rqq.co

replace with
    http://www.rqq.co/\1

This will replace any instance of http://xxxxxxxx.rqq.co -> http://www.rqq.co/xxxxxxxx

Hi,
    How can I switch? I have to individually create new links? But I have many! Or it is gonna be automatically?